No announcement yet.

my knee trouble i need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my knee trouble i need help

my left knee has wore down joints from what im told and a lack o=cartilidge. how can i strengthen my knee through weight training? after i run my knee kills me and its hard for me to walk on the next day. what kinda knee brace do i need for running and what exercises can i do with weights to strengthen my knee and thigh for explosive tyson like power?

My friend, I highly suggest you do squats.

Comment

squats and jump rope....

Comment

Originally posted by detluv View Post
        squats and jump rope....
        how would roping help with weak knees?

Comment

Originally posted by mishka80 View Post
          My friend, I highly suggest you do squats.
          how would i start? give me a good regimine.

Comment

If you have no cartilage, I recommend you stop boxing. All these exercises are going to do is hasten the onset of arthritis as bone on bone grinding will create more and more pain.

The pain you feel is not a result of lack of strength, it is the result of bone on bone contact.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
              how would roping help with weak knees?
              It helps alot which is why physios use it in ACL classes. The nerves may have stopped sedning signals, and the balance when landing during skipping helps make these pathways open up again. Do as many balancing physio exercises that you can in a day. I spend around half an hour doing them before lunch. Alot of people think physio is bull****, but it really does help out alot. Poor compliance is reason why people who go to physio do not recover. if you comply with what they tell you to do, you will recover faster.

For cartildge I found that Glucosomine Sulphate and Chondroitin supplements help alot. This is what that tissu eis made of and knocking them back in tab form will help maintain healthy joints throughout your body. The cream versions are expensive but do help target specific joints that need extra TLC.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                It helps alot which is why physios use it in ACL classes. The nerves may have stopped sedning signals, and the balance when landing during skipping helps make these pathways open up again. Do as many balancing physio exercises that you can in a day. I spend around half an hour doing them before lunch. Alot of people think physio is bull****, but it really does help out alot. Poor compliance is reason why people who go to physio do not recover. if you comply with what they tell you to do, you will recover faster.

For cartildge I found that Glucosomine Sulphate and Chondroitin supplements help alot. This is what that tissu eis made of and knocking them back in tab form will help maintain healthy joints throughout your body. The cream versions are expensive but do help target specific joints that need extra TLC.
                wow u actually came thru for once.

Comment

Can't say the same thing for you son. But hope your knees get better as I do not think it is a good enough reason to stop boxing. My cartilidge was torn on both sides and it doesn't hurt now. It was sore for a year after surgery to cut of bits which were turned over and locking. Medics always give same over precautionary advice that Shawn give, because people becoming bums makes their jobs easier! I paid for a sports physio who's advice was different and they ridiculed the advice of normal physio who said give it a rest for a couple of years! That is another good bit of advice I can give you. Invest the €25 a week or whatever it costs to see an experienced sports physio. If you can't afford it then even 1-2 consulations will be enough to put you in the rigth direction when you go into normal ACL classes at the public hospital.

Comment

Take fish oil capsules.... good for your ligaments..lubricates them. Also good for cardiovascular health. :P

Comment

Working...
                    X