No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Edges Andy Ruiz To Capture WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    Aj has zero head movement..and the footwork of someone in concrete shoes. He's also foight bums. but...he is extremely good at walking people down at will.

Alot of people here say JP has the same power..i dont think he does. If he goes against AJ with the same backfoot tactics as this fight and gets buzzed..its goodnight vienna.

Tactics against aj should be what should have been done tonight..going forward not back. If he wants to keep that belt he needs a new trainer otherwise someone who has the knowledge is gonna fancy his bauble belt and take it off him.
    Exactly. Joshua's game plan works for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Not in NZ. He'd never catch him.
      Parker cant hide his whole career in New Zealand.If he wants to become a real World Champ then he has to fight in the US or in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        That's the thing - Ruiz couldn't get inside often enough. It's pretty ridiculous to say "he would have KO'd him had he fought on the inside", that's exactly what didn't happen because he couldn't get through Parker's jab with frequency.

That's like saying I'd be rich if I won the lottery - no ****.
        That's not what I meant. mlac said Parker should've fought on the inside in order to gain Ruiz's respect. I disagree because if Parker took the fight on the inside I believe Ruiz would KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
          I know we expect the home guy to get the decision, but why is Ruiz expected to put in 200% effort to win while Parker doesn't?
          If he even edged enough rounds(which he did) he should win, that's it.
          As someone who was rooting for Ruiz going in, I found his performance extremely frustrating because he was doing the better work when he'd let his hands go and yet he kept holding back--and the most frustrating part is that the fight was within reach on the scorecards, he just had to show a bit more initiative.

There aren't many positive things to say about Parker's performance either, he wasn't really committing to much beyond the occasional body shot, however we know he's the hometown favorite, and by at least being more active, he was giving the judges an excuse to justify scoring the close rounds in his favor. Neither guy gave a championship performance,it was essentially a matchup between a tentative fighter and an unmotivated one. I'm wondering what kind of instructions Abel was offering Ruiz between rounds.

Comment

Pretty average fight, but at least Parker is getting better prep than AJ. Two 12 round fights against Takam and Ruiz, and he's weathered both. Who has AJ fought thats worth mention? AJ hasn't even tested himself at the distance.

I think we won't see any more of Parker for at least a few months, Barry already said he's having an extended break to recover from this year. They have no need to have any more tune-up bum fights, and no need to have any more NZ fights now he'll be on the radar in the US and UK. Now that he can headline a card in the States or Europe, he won't be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Synch View Post
              Pretty average fight, but at least Parker is getting better prep than AJ. Two 12 round fights against Takam and Ruiz, and he's weathered both. Who has AJ fought thats worth mention? AJ hasn't even tested himself at the distance.

I think we won't see any more of Parker for at least a few months, Barry already said he's having an extended break to recover from this year. They have no need to have any more tune-up bum fights, and no need to have any more NZ fights now he'll be on the radar in the US and UK. Now that he can headline a card in the States or Europe, he won't be back.
              Joshua would have stopped both Takam and Ruiz Jr.He doesnt even need to go 12 rounds.

Comment

Give the guy a break whens the last time you seen a HW fight as frequently as Parker? The man missed his mothers 50th Anniversary and his sisters wedding whilst giving you guys plenty of fights unlike jokers such as Wilder and AJ. Sometimes its so obvious the bias some posters have on here. Yeah a Kiwi has the belt accept it and move on stop being so patriotic boxing needs the diverse talent. I agree Barry is a limited trainer and John David Jackson could seriously improve Parkers game massively. Parker needs to walk away from Barry.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                  As someone who was rooting for Ruiz going in, I found his performance extremely frustrating because he was doing the better work when he'd let his hands go and yet he kept holding back--and the most frustrating part is that the fight was within reach on the scorecards, he just had to show a bit more initiative.

There aren't many positive things to say about Parker's performance either, he wasn't really committing to much beyond the occasional body shot, however we know he's the hometown favorite, and by at least being more active, he was giving the judges an excuse to justify scoring the close rounds in his favor. Neither guy gave a championship performance,it was essentially a matchup between a tentative fighter and an unmotivated one. I'm wondering what kind of instructions Abel was offering Ruiz between rounds.
                  Yeah, but that shouldn't matter. Yeah, Ruiz could've done more, but why isn't this same logic applied to Parker? Ruiz landed much better shots overall, good body shots and solid counters on the inside that outnumbered Parker's. You really have to stretch the importance of "ring generalship"(was Parker even really stopping Ruiz from coming in? Still got hit with plenty of body shots and got countered a lot) and Parker's jabs which a lot of were hitting glove. Most of the time when Parker landed a good shot, Ruiz would meet him with an equalizer and if they were really up close, maybe two. If you applied this logic to both fighters(which you normally should) Parker could've done a lot more but he isn't being punished for it. Only Ruiz.
                  Too many people asking, what did Ruiz do?
                  Well, what did Parker do?

Comment

Originally posted by Synch View Post

I doubt he can headline a card in the states after this performance.

Hell, if Luis Ortiz can't then he definitely can't.

Comment

What a boring pile of crap that was to wade myself through. David gaye wants to forget all about AJ and target this mediocre kiwi. Gaye will kill him, nevermind AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X