No announcement yet.

Analysis of Golovkin's Power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I have a GGG obsession, GGG is my life. I need help. PLEASE HELP ME, SOMEONE HELP ME.
    Damn and the hater talk again, seriously, can us grown ups ever have a discussion without the little annoying brats crying for candy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Damn and the hater talk again, seriously, can us grown ups ever have a discussion without the little annoying brats crying for candy?
      What's the problem?

If he hits harder than Serghey Kovalev, a guy he's already beat up, beats up HW's and CW's, what's the problem with asking for him to step up and prove all the "sparring" stories?

You like to fantasize about practice more than you do the real game

Comment

How ironic is it for me to accuse someone of being obsessed with Golovkin when over 95% of my posts are about sucking his c0ck and worshiping him
        I agree. Very good point you make there, sir

Comment

Chollo welcome to my ignore list, dont wanna contaminate the forum more by replying to you.

Anyway back to the topic.

Anybody seen that russian kid Kudryashov? He seems to have some crazy punching power.

Comment

Chollo welcome to my ignore list, dont wanna contaminate the forum more by replying to you.

Anyway back to the topic.

Anybody seen that russian kid Kudryashov? He seems to have some crazy punching power.

And you are on mine as well

Comment

Originally posted by Randomum View Post
              Hey guys I wanted to discuss Golovkin's incredible power. A few things that are interesting though is he is not putting guys to sleep. Most of his recent stoppages have been TKO's, despite this the look on guy's faces when he first land tells you he is incredibly powerful.

Examples of this are the first knockdown off Curtis Stevens, the whole fight with Wade, and the knockout of Matthew Macklin.

Also there are tales of his sparring sessions with heavyweights who swear his punch feels like a heavy.

How powerful is is punch? Is it truly that he is so powerful, or is it the pressure and skilled offense in unison with a good but not amazing power like that of Julian Jackson.

Something that makes this debate difficult is his former opponents all claim he does not punch as hard as they thought despite the fact that they got KO'ed (Stevens, Rosado, Brook).

What are your thoughts? I think his hard bones due to his heritage (Korean + Kazahk) creates punches that are heavy, though they do not look explosive like Pacquiao, Jones, Jackson, Klitschko.

What do you guys rate his power 1-10? I think Julian Jackson is a 10.

From my opinion Golovkin his punch is an 8. Why? Guys like Rosado, Brook, Murray went multiple rounds with him and got hit flush without going to sleep. I think what sets him apart is how good he cuts off the ring. A skilled fighter like Brook who can handle decent pressure could not handle Golovkin, Wade a decent technician could not avoid being on the ropes (despite doing so with Rosado who is a decent fighter).

I wonder what you guys think of Kovalev, Jacobs, Stevenson, Joshua, Fury in regards to power. Let me know your thoughts guys.

Also is there anyone in middleweight that has good power that GGG hasn't defeated yet (Stevens, Lemieux)? Does Jacobs hit harder than Stevens? What about in recent past: Martinez?

Sorry for the rant but you guys have to believe that GGG's power is special.
              He seems to hit harder to the body. For all the hype and talk of his heavyweight type power, I just don't see that in the ring. He took 10 rounds to stop an old shopworn smaller Ouma, and it was a ref stoppage if I recall. Ouma had been put down by Rubio, and Karmazin when he was younger, and fresher. How come Golovkin and his vaunted power couldn't put him on the canvas at least? Kell Brook was made to do the stanky leg when Fechenko tagged him. I didn't see Brook get Bambi legged in any of the rounds against Golovkin. Golovkin was landing some flush ***** upstairs too. He also pounded on Murray for quite a long time before the ref stopped it. Golovkin seems more of a pressure guy with good power as opposed to being and outright Krusher, like Kovalev, Joshua, or guys like that who have the serious one punch type power.

Not sure why Jacobs gets so much negativity thrown his way by Golovkin fans. No Lemieux, and Stevens aren't close to being better than Jacobs. And no, neither guy punches harder than Jacobs does either.
              Last edited by The Akbar One; 09-24-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                He seems to hit harder to the body. For all the hype and talk of his heavyweight type power, I just don't see that in the ring. He took 10 rounds to stop an old shopworn smaller Ouma, and it was a ref stoppage if I recall. Ouma had been put down by Rubio, and Karmazin when he was younger, and fresher. How come Golovkin and his vaunted power couldn't put him on the canvas at least? Kell Brook was made to do the stanky leg when Fechenko tagged him. I didn't see Brook get Bambi legged in any of the rounds against Golovkin. Golovkin was landing some flush ***** upstairs too. He also pounded on Murray for quite a long time before the ref stopped it. Golovkin seems more of a pressure guy with good power as opposed to being and outright Krusher, like Kovalev, Joshua, or guys like that who have the serious one punch type power.
                Russian Interview with GGG about the Ouma fight: http://www.boxing forum24.com/thread...ussian.520638/

Golovkin: The most important factor in this fight was my conditioning. The camp was very good. I was happy with everything. The problems started during our flight to Panama. We lost too much time in LA airport. At passport control there were sudden questions about my visa although I had both Schengen and US visa so I didn't have to have a Panama visa. The airport staff took my passport for two hours and I missed my flight. The next flight was available only the next day. And we then had issues with connecting flights. So we spent two days in airports and flights. All this time I couldn't have a proper rest or training. We arrived to Panama half an hour before the weigh in so we went there straight from the airport. And I felt exhausted. Off course we should have arrived earlier but we screwed. I didn't have an opportunity to rest and acclimatise. When it was time to fight I felt I wanted to sleep.
                My luggage went to Panama first whilst u stuck with my visa, so I could not shave myself.

Off course we could not allow ourselves to refuse to fight after everything that was done. I didn't think about tactics or skills, I just had to win. If you noticed I worked in a monotonous pace without trying to land accurate punches. No tactics. Who out-hustles the other. I hope fighters will think I am flawed and will stop avoiding me

Max Herman: GGG had visa issues and had to spend two days in airports/flights. He had to cut his weight in airport, and once in Panama his weight was less than Ouma's. On a fight day he was always sleeping exhausted after the trip. He could not recover, he had no power. He asked me to bring a cup of concentrated strong tea right before the fight.

Maxim Golovkin: Well we had Ouma as GGG's sparring partner for Proksa fight. Ouma felt overwhelmed and decided to leave the camp.

Comment

So let's see:

GGG couldn't drop Rosado because he was sick
                  GGG couldn't drop Brook because he was sick
                  GGG couldn't drop Ouma because of a late airport arrival

Ironically, these are the only fights that come to mind that didn't have knockdowns.

Of course his fan brigade will worship everything he says

Comment

Whatever chollo just said, i'm not even reading it but i guess he says GGG makes excuses or even GGG is a liar.

Anyway Ouma went into hospital for weeks after this beating and couldnt fight for 2 and a half years.

Comment

He doesn't have one punch power, in fact i think Jacobs hits harder But GGG is almost worse its a prolonged beating he gives which almost makes you wish you get one punch KO'd. Guys tire out from the constant pressure and body work. Stevens looked out of it when it was stopped. Brooks was heading to a KO. Rosado gushing blood everywhere looking like a horror show.

Comment

Working...
                      X