No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Explains Why "Whites" Are Abandoning Boxing For UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    It's not best vs best,, it's more like the best matchup possible, barring injuries

Guys in ufc move up and down the rankings ladder with wins and losses, usually always fighting someone on the same rung of the ladder.
    The best is subjective, as long as the top ten are fighting eachother that is the best fighting against each other..championship fights usually have the number one and two guy fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      awww you're breaking my heart

this is amusing.

you know im not watching that video right

your insecurities are clear....inferiority complex....its ok
      Please may a lightning bolt jolt out of no where and make a surge directly to this jerk off if he is on a computer..lol :wank:
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        White boxers matter!!...but they always getting beat by hungrier and more talented black and latino fighters...so white fans jump on the Lil G's, Lomos and Krushers of the sport...that's a reason why dudes like Lil G get overrated because the white fans who rock the race hat become thirsty for a non black and non latino monster....so they create these mythical boogeymen that get outclassed, schooled, bullied and beat up by an latino or black fighter....White Americans love guns....they're not too good at fair fights....they need advantages and boxing is not a sport where they'll have many if any advantages
        Lil G's, Lomos and Krushers, stay crushing your brothas

"Fair fights" aren't blacks known for sucker punching, and only fighting in gangs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          That is not the reason. The reason is that boxing has become a PPV sport. Even HBO/Showtime regular fights are ppv because you have to pay a premium subscription to watch it. They've made boxing inaccessible to the casual fan. Bob is part of the problem. The UFC is easily accessible with reality TV shows, their Fox and FS1 cards. Then they have fightpass which is geared towards their younger tech savvy demographic.
          This is one of the biggest reasons.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Arum's business model has always been built towards Mexicans anyway. And how can he say that when one of his most beloved fighters is filipino? White people loved Pac.
          To be fair, White people loved Manny because he was the "anti-Floyd" and therefore became a "Great White Hype" by proxy. He was the one who was supposed to "shut Floyd up", and Arum knew that and used that. Much of Manny's success here in America was about resentment for Floyd and the perception that he was "ducking" Manny.

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
          NOPE.its not that complicated ufc is popular because in their sport the best fight the best.unlike boxing where fans have to deal bull**** like a side/b side and promoters who don't work together
          This is big reason too.

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          There are so many good black American boxers, and many black Americans live in a much more race-obsessed culture (see BLM),

Most white Americans aren't taught to have "white pride,"
          Did this dude just say that White people aren't taught to have "White pride"?

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

Pacquiao will be remembered as an all-time great boxer. Floyd will be remembered as a WWE type businessman who ducked his greatest rival until he got old, and then in what was supposed to be his moment of triumph, got caught taking a saline flush, the purpose of which according to medical experts is to mask PED use. Floyd will be remembered as the Lance Armstrong of boxing.
          This seems to be wishful thinking more than anything else.

Floyd's ranked near the top of damn near every P4P list on Earth. Just because you guys hate the guy doesn't change the fact that he beat 25 world champions and the first decade of his career, fought (and beat) everybody.

And also, Floyd's OLDER than Manny by 2 years, the whole "he ducked him till he got too old" excuse only works when the person is YOUNGER, like Canelo, who's ducking GGG until he gets old because Canelo's almost a decade younger.

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post

White people predominantly watch NBA and NFL over MLB and those are black dominated leagues, that have a higher percentage of blacks than MLB does. Why? Those are more accessible sports.
          The NFL still has many White stars. Arguably the most famous guys in the NFL are Tom Brady, JJ Watt, and Aaron Rodgers. Only Cam Newton is really in that same range of fame.

The NBA has been hemorrhaging older White fans since the Jordan era. Young people are the ones making up the NBA's audience now.

MLB is the sport that has a predominantly older White audience.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          did this guy really say America doesn't have a
          "white pride" culture

I guess he forgot this country was built on white supremacy, off the backs and hands of indigenous, native and black Americans. we still have an active terrorist group (kkk), and many U.S. citizens are threatened when other ethnic groups like Mexicans, Africans, etc show any sort of pride or take any sort of stand, white America feels threatened and show their true colors.

Look at the Kapernick situation...the dude never said anything about white people and they lost their mind, burning jerseys, and condemning the man when he only said he just wants the country to practice what they preach for EVERYONE.

Black children in certain cities in certain states are not allowed to wear natural hair styles

other ethnic groups have to conform to European ideals, practices, clothing, hairstyles and he really said that America doesn't have a white pride country.

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
          "Fair fights" aren't blacks known for sucker punching, and only fighting in gangs?
          I'm pretty sure that White people are the ones who invented gangs in America or have you never heard of Al Capone, John Gotti, and Mayer Lanksy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
            Henry Cooper, John H Stracey, Charlie Magri, Ken Buchanan, Jim Watt, Barry McGuigan, Joe Calzaghe. That's just a few from the top of my head, not to mention the plethora of current world champions that are white and British. I'm not even listing continental euro fighters.
            I hope that answers your rather stupid question, I thought.
            He was referring to American whites. Boxing has been big in the past because fights were getting made, race didn't matter because the action was good.

Right now, in the US, the whole show fucking sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              video wont play for some reason, I'll check it out

no one is blaming white people for all of life's problems, some whites refuse to acknowledge the issues they created and have should have some integrity....life isn't a fairy tale.
              You wouldn't think it going by boxingscene, some of the black posters here are very racially charged, they're like some BLM rallyists on some fuck whitey ish.

The black Americans I have met irl are nothing like that so I'm not sure where it comes from.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 09-01-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                How many times you see a ufc fighter dance around the outside before backing into a corner with his chin behind his shoulder, beckoning the opponent in, slipping shots before countering with a stiff jab and dancing away until the Bell rings
                Anderson Silva

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  During a recent podcast interview, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum explained his reasons for believing that the UFC has a dominating edge over boxing when it comes to gaining the support of white American fans.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  I'm no Bob Arum fan, but I think he's right. Not that race is all that matters in sports. From the way white fans have supported black athletes and vice versa along with all of the races supporting athletes of different color, it's not all there is, for sure.

However, like he said, it's easier to see a kid getting behind a fighter of their own skin tone. There's nothing wrong with it. It's a fact of nature. There are white Americans in boxing here and there, but not very much. Pavlik, Mancini, Haugen, Morrison, Ward and a guy named Mason Menard are the few that have been involved in the past few decades. I'm not sure why, but I think the sport has gotten so global that America just can't claim dominance the way it did. UFC is still primarily American.

Comment

• Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
                    Christ, highly doubt many people think like that.

The UFC product is better than what boxing promoters offer. No surprise that Arum won't acknowledge that.

Competitive matches made most of the way down a card, fights get made not marinated and THE champion (instead of A champion) has to defend his title against legit highly ranked opposition.
                    You got that right

Comment

• It doesn't have anything to do with not having white American stars. We barely have any American stars. Our youth boxing programs stink. We haven't won a gold in 12 years. We use to dominate olympic boxing. Most all of are stars were born in the Olympics where the casual fan gets to know them. Until we can start winning golds again boxing will suffer in the US

Comment

Working...
                      X