No announcement yet.

Spence's Biggest Flaw As a Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twako View Post
    if algieri had been busier with the counters or had power, we would've seen how good spence's chin is. he was real open.
    I though Algieri looked intimidated in there. But he showed a ton of heart standing up to that beating.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Rofl calling out Ray????

One of the top 5 p4p greatest of all time. It was Duran that got inside the head of a young champ not the fans.
      Ray Leonard top 5 ATG??? no

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        what is it?

Nearly every fighter, even the great ones, had an area that is sub par.

Amir got no chin

manny can't cut off a ring

Floyd had glass hands

etc
        He is a little stiff, a little straight up and down...doesnt have much movement at the waist or head...he does get good leverage on his body shots but he doesnt utilize them with pivots like Hatton or McCallum did so well.

a more consistent jab to set up combos would help

Other than that, the kid is the good

Comment

Throws his punches too wide which leaves himself quite open actually. Anyone with ability to exchange inside knocks him out. Specially one who has powerful short punches.

Comment

The only glaring flaw I see with him is that he loads up his hooks a lot. A smart strong puncher could see those punches being telegraphed and set him up with a nice strong counter.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              He is a little stiff, a little straight up and down...doesnt have much movement at the waist or head...he does get good leverage on his body shots but he doesnt utilize them with pivots like Hatton or McCallum did so well.

a more consistent jab to set up combos would help

Other than that, the kid is the good
              You pretty much pointed out what I see wrong. It's almost like people missed this fight, he exposed a lot of holes defensively.

Comment

Has a bad habit of dropping his guard when he throws.

Comment

I have a feeling I mite have problems with good movers.

Its hard to say until we see him in with guys strong as him and throw body shots too. Untill then he gonna seem like the second coming of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    You pretty much pointed out what I see wrong. It's almost like people missed this fight, he exposed a lot of holes defensively.

he is going to have so issues with slick, cutie types. He is flat footed and throws many hard shots...he doesnt vary the velocity.

At the time 147 doesnt have anyone like say Lara who has that good combo of movement and pop. thats the style I see troubling Spence. A outboxer with a good jab.

Algieri has no power, doesnt really utilize his footwork to control an opponent as much as it is a means of defense for him.

Someone like Andrade would be his undoing but outside of Thurman and bradley most the welters today arent movers

Comment

A bit too dark for my liking, but an exciting and talented fighter nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                      X