Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
    If he didn't miss weight for Floyds catch weight he's not missing weight for this fight. JESUS!!!!
    I don't know man, he didn't sound to eager about facing GGG. Its a strategy that will allow him to avoid defending the belt should he win.

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
      No that Cotto has been stripped of his title, what are the chances that Canelo purposely misses weight for this fight? That would disqualify him from winning the belt, while providing an excuse not to defend the title against GGG should he win. Interested to see what you all think!
      As long as he comes in under 160 he is still eligible to win the title. The CW is an agreement between the camps and not the organization.

Cotto being stripped of his title has no impact on Canelo, the same stipulations apply if he were to come in over 155 as they would have before yesterday's incidents. That's assuming they had agreed on a penalty for missing weight.

According to his team he is currently down to 157 so that shouldn't even be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
        As long as he comes in under 160 he is still eligible to win the title. The CW is an agreement between the camps and not the organization.

Cotto being stripped of his title has no impact on Canelo, the same stipulations apply if he were to come in over 155 as they would have before yesterday's incidents. That's assuming there was an agree upping penalty for missing weight. According to his team he is currently down to 157 so that should even be an issue.
        Good to know, thanks for clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Purposely give up money?
          you do realise the fine is peanuts to what he will make in the fight anyway?

heck, I want Canelo to come in at full strength but I highly doubt it, he'll try and make 155.

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
            I don't know man, he didn't sound to eager about facing GGG. Its a strategy that will allow him to avoid defending the belt should he win.
            So we're speculating what Canelo is gonna do because Cotto vacated the belt, we all know for a fact he wanted nothing to do with GGG. He pretty much came out and said without actually saying it. He still has that belt if the WBC wasn't so adamant about making the winner fight GGG. Look I like Cotto the fact that he hasn't defended the middleweight title at 160 once bithers me. Even when he challenged the champ Sergio. Look if he wants to come in lower than 160 fine, but not allowing the opponent to come in at 160, come on. I'm not talking about tomorrows fight. I don't like the catchweight but at least neither one of them will be sucked down. Daniel Geale looked like a DAMN Zombie, and not allowing the middleweight champion Sergio to weigh 160 or even wear the brace comin off surgery bothers me as well.

If either one of them has a better shot of fighting GGG it's clearly Canelo.

Once again I like Cotto but lets not assume Canelo is gonna miss weight just because Cotto wanted no part of GGG and vacated

Comment

Why?

Now, why would he do that? Canelo is the real deal and a true professional. He respects the sport. Just look at who is promoter is. He was everything right about boxing and Canelo is clearly headed in his foot steps. You are disrespecting Canelo by even suggesting something so stupid. Canelo isn't Mayweather. Got it? Him and Cotto just trained their asses off, to give us their best performance. Boxing isn't a joke and neither would do that on purpose!!!!! You all need to move pass the Mayweather era. He's retired and boxing is slowly gaining it's credibility back. Please let it happen. This isn't the WWE

Comment

if he misses weight it will be because he cant make the weight....his body is maturing and he isn't looking very good weighing 154-155....a few years ago when he was fighting mosely, mayweather and hatton he made the weight comfortably

Comment

He's not stupid.... but ODH is.

Comment

I really hope so. Just to stick it to Cotto's diva ass. Whats he going to do? Cancel the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      I really hope so. Just to stick it to Cotto's diva ass. Whats he going to do? Cancel the fight?
                      Why you mad bro?

Comment

Working...
                      X