No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell on Klitschko-Wach, Fury, Training, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell on Klitschko-Wach, Fury, Training, More

Promising American heavyweight contender Seth Mitchell (25-0-1, 19 KO) is getting ready for his return to the ring which will take place on November 17th in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The 30-year old “Mayhem” will face the current trainer of Wladimir Klitschko, Johnathon Banks (28-1-1, 18 KO). The bout is scheduled for 12 rounds with the vacant WBC International heavyweight title at the stake. Mitchell is coming back to the ring after his 3rd round TKO victory over Chazz Witherspoon (30-3, 22 KO) in April.

[Click Here To Read More]

I hope Jonathan Banks can pull off the upset.

But since Mitchell is the HBO house fighter and managed by Al Haymon, there could be an early stoppage by the referee and if it goes to the cards, Mitchell will be favored like Williams was against Lara.

Comment

Seth, good guy but honestly he's one of the weakest heavies right now, don't understand any of the attention he's getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

But since Mitchell is the HBO house fighter and managed by Al Haymon, there could be an early stoppage by the referee and if it goes to the cards, Mitchell will be favored like Williams was against Lara.
        I guess Seth will just have to knock out Banks. To put all your excuses to rest.

Comment

I agree, Haymon is the new Don King, he's poison.

Comment

this would not be an upset. banks is a fringe contender & just vacated the NABF title recently. he's beat a couple decent journeymen at HW. mitchell has the edge but banks also works with the klitschko's on a consistant basis so he's gotten good sparring. mitchell has big power & he's a finisher so there won't be an early stoppage. this is a pretty good matchup but can banks take mitchell's power combinations? banks can crack too so if he catches mitchell like chazz witherspoon did, can he finish him off? this is an intriguing matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Seth, good guy but honestly he's one of the weakest heavies right now, don't understand any of the attention he's getting.
              wins over chazz witherspoon & timur ibragimov are solid wins. those guys are C+ level fighters. banks is also a C+ level fringe contender. he is being brought along nicely. banks has a draw with gavern & a good knockout over travis walker. i'd give mitchell the edge on level of competition at HW(banks lost to adamek at CW)but it's a good fight for both. this will position one of them for a possible title shot.
              Last edited by joe strong; 11-10-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X