Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Magazine New Rankings: Deontay Wilder #3, Tyson Fury #2, Anthony Joshua #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Magazine New Rankings: Deontay Wilder #3, Tyson Fury #2, Anthony Joshua #1

The whole panel on Ring Magazine had Fury winning so despite the decision being a draw, they have ranked Fury higher than Wilder.

How’s AJ land at #1 after beating a Povetkin?

Comment

But Wilder won 13 rounds and he was at deaths door and Fury cheated using boxing skills.

Comment

I think Fury is better than both AJ and Wilder, but #2 spot isn't bad since Joshua has the other 3 belts

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
          You're joking, right?

Comment

Agree with those rankings. Fury can even be better than AJ...he'd need to unseat him first though.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
              Agree with those rankings. Fury can even be better than AJ...he'd need to unseat him first though.
              I agree! Right now AJ is number 1 due to his track record but Fury is a very close 2nd and he's very capable of dethroning AJ.. But we need that fight to determine who is the real #1.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                Povetkin’s last two fights before AJ:
                David Price (KO’d by Christian Hammer)
                Christian Hammer to UD

Joseph Parker:
                Carlos Takam to UD (Got knocked out by Chisora)

Carlos Takam:
                KO’d by Povetkin/Chisora
                Lost UD to Parker

—I think Fury should slot right back at number #1 and AJ at #2.

Fury made Hammer/Chisora quit in the ring; beat Wilder and they both beat Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by R01 View Post
                  He didn't land number 1 for beating Povetkin. Ring has had AJ number 1 at heavyweight for years for beating Martin, Whyte Parker, Povetkin etc. Before Fury and Wilder fought Ring had AJ number 1, Wilder number 2 and Fury number 7. After the fight they still have AJ number 1, Wilder number 2 and they moved Fury up to number 3. They can't get AJ's number 1 spot by fighting each other. They have to actually beat AJ in the ring to take his number 1 spot. When AJ fought Povetkin Ring had Povetkin at 3rd or 4th well above Fury at 7th.

Comment

My mistake. After reading the thread again I see that Ring moved Fury ahead of Wilder. I guess they did that because they thought Fury deserved to win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X