Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Wilder have beaten Povetkin, Takam, Parker, Whyte or Breazeale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    I think Povetkin (when he was scheduled to fight Wilder) probably would have beaten him.

For me Povetkin was beating Joshua and was landing some real hard shots on him, he got tired though (he's almost 40) which helped AJ get him out of there. A younger Povetkin could very well have beaten Joshua and I think in Russia he would have taken Wilder out.

Wilder KO's Takam, Whyte and Breazeale and either gets outboxed by Parker or takes him out late. I think the version of Klitchko that AJ beat also smokes Wilder.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Comment

Every one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        Thank you for actually answering the questions. Most guys on here do not. What do you think about the text message from Wilder to Whyte saying he wont fight him for two years? Also, do you believe that Wilder is worth a 50/50 split? I dont at all and AJ has 4 belts and a stadium backing him
        I read the text differently, seemed to me like he was open to fight but something had yet to be agreed with Hearn.

Don't really like commenting on splits and as a fan I just want to see the fight happen. It's clear that AJ is the more popular fighter but that doesn't mean Wilder should just fight for peanuts. If Wilder beats Fury then I don't see why he can't have close to 50-50(though I suspect he would agree to 60-40 split in AJ's favour)

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          I read the text differently, seemed to me like he was open to fight but something had yet to be agreed with Hearn.

Don't really like commenting on splits and as a fan I just want to see the fight happen. It's clear that AJ is the more popular fighter but that doesn't mean Wilder should just fight for peanuts. If Wilder beats Fury then I don't see why he can't have close to 50-50(though I suspect he would agree to 60-40 split in AJ's favour)
          I used to cheer for Wilder but since he's avoided almost all of the top challengers at heavyweight, I just cannot get behind him any more. AJ has 4 belts (yes I include the IBO) to Wilder's 1 belt. That alone should make the % way higher on AJ's side. Plus he fills the stadium and has been a PPV star for years now. No way Wilder or Fury gets anywhere near 40%. Wilder can't even fill up a high school gym. Mostly because he refuses to fight anyone good. Plus, Wilder is only fighting Fury right now to get leverage on AJ and lets not forget that Fury is not at full strength too. All of these thing make me look at Wilder and shake my head.

Comment

Man, when you hit Wilder fans with facts, they go silent hahahahah

Comment

Wilder KOs any of those dudes, as well as Joshua and Fury.

Comment

I think that its an obvious thing to say but in HW boxing, anything can happen. If I had to chose a winner per bout, it would be:-

Wilder v Parker - Parker on points.
                Wilder v Takam - Wilder KO
                Wilder v Klitschko - Klitschko KO
                Wilder v Breazeale - Wilder KO
                Wilder v Whyte - Whyte KO
                Wilder v Povetkin - Povetkin on points.

and just for a laugh - Wilder v Gary Cornish - Cornish KO

Comment

knocks em all out

povetkin - 5 rounds
                  takam - 7
                  parker - 9