Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it ok to protein powder in boxing training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ok to protein powder in boxing training?

Why not? Just gotta watch calories. It's just a food after all.

Comment

Ya its fine if your to busy to eat real food.

I wouldn't depend on it though.

Comment

Yes of course everyone is on protein shakes in boxing. Absolutely nothing wrong with it the problem I see is if you fighting sanction bouts and they are drug testing make sure you purchase protein powder that is process on machines taht only handle that cause sometime they use machine for multiple different supplements and you can get cross contamination with something and pop for a banned substance taht way.

Comment

Its not bodybuilding or a weight training sport so I wouldn't see the need for protein powder.

It's down to personal preference, you could perform as well without it.

If you can't afford the food then yes I would recommend it.
          Last edited by Mr.MojoRisin'; 09-18-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Actually, regular Joe's don't have your shoulders, so some extra proteins (especially when high protein compared to the total calories) are not a bad idea for muscles to get to that shape faster. Obviously, protein alone doesn't make the muscles, so gotta pump the blood a little. At least that's what protein powders claim. Making muscles faster.

Comment

Yes. Anything your muscle workouts for a long period, they get micro-tears in the muscle so you need protein to repair the muscles and help build muscle endurance.

Anyone can take protein, its not just for bodybuilders or weight lifters. Even marathon runners take protein. Its a essential nutrition for your body!

Edit: Heres a good gif on how muscle works.

https://i.imgur.com/fgRP0H7.gif
              Last edited by xFury; 09-20-2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by annupsingg View Post
                Yes. Just make sure you look at the macros in it. Some have high carbs as well as protein (weight gainers ect). I would stay away from them (unless using for a pre workout meal). Try to get one with low excess sugars, fat and carbs but high protein (maybe bcaas in it as well).

I love a good protein shake after a workout. Work out why you want to use it though. If your scared of gaining too much weight just don't drink them after heavy weight session (or don't do weight sessions if you don't want to build sessions). Have them after a circuit, spar, run ect and it will help your strength and recovery, meaning more and better training sessions to follow (better recovery).

Experiment on them (not just before a fight though) and see your results and if your happy using them.

Comment

Boxing is a sport that can take a toll on your body’s health. People who regularly train need a larger protein intake than those who do not. Protein can improve muscular strength if consumed during periods of resistance training and it also provides us with amino acids. One study found that judo players who consumed supplemental protein developed better power output than those who did not.

Comment

Originally posted by KOPower View Post
                    Boxing is a sport that can take a toll on your body’s health. People who regularly train need a larger protein intake than those who do not. Protein can improve muscular strength if consumed during periods of resistance training and it also provides us with amino acids. One study found that judo players who consumed supplemental protein developed better power output than those who did not.

This ^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X