Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: DAZN wants Canelo to Fight Jacobs and GGG Next Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs not even close to front runner....

GGG, Lemieux at 168, BJS would be Canelo's next 3 fights period. Maybe even Degale in the UK. Jacobs wouldn't happen for the next several years and Jacobs would need to beat a Charlo or Andrade to make fighting Canelo a mega fight. Heck if Hurd moves up that would be an option for Canelo as well due to more entertainment value than Jacobs. I like Jacobs a lot however monetarily Golden Boy has far too many better options.

Comment

Triple L should be AFTER Jermall, Jacobs AND Andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Wont happen. The fights are too hard to go back to back. DAZN isnt trying to put him in the two best fights Canelo can make right off the bat. He’ll still have another 4 years. Oscar will pace him and probably do one big/tough fight a year and one “softer” touch. Maybe two in a row if we’re lucky and one soft (unless he loses).

Danny is very good and it does DAZN better to not make two of their best fighters fight each other so early. If Danny can get another good win I think it happens right after. Ggg...anyone heard from him in a while?
        Also I dont think Dazn is gonna try and force Canelo hand anytime soon, Canelo just propelled their app to #1 status on his first fight taht was preceieved as a huge mismatch against somebody nobody knows so they arent gonna be getting involved in how oscar lines up his fights for canelo at least not this early in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          Also I dont think Dazn is gonna try and force Canelo hand anytime soon, Canelo just propelled their app to #1 status on his first fight taht was preceieved as a huge mismatch against somebody nobody knows so they arent gonna be getting involved in how oscar lines up his fights for canelo at least not this early in the game.
          Exactly. And honestly, Canelo went back to back against GGG and I wouldnt be mad if he had another soft touch so long as he continues his trend of giving us meaningful fights after. DAZN will want him winning and it looks good if he’s demolishing people, especially since he has a history of excellence against all calibers of fighters.

It also benefits DAZN to keep Danny winning and letting him in the ring after Canelo fights. No callout needed. Kept it classy and they both acknowledged each other in a show if mutual respect.

Thats all Danny needed to do. A quick “i see you” was enough.

Comment

I'm a huge Canelo fan and the time to fight Jacobs is now! He fights anyone else and I'll be disappointed!
            Even if Canelo loses to Jacobs as long as he gives a good account of himself then he'll still be a huge draw...
            Jacobs is good but he's no Mayweather and a Canelo-Jacobs fight is a 50-50 fight that either fighter can win...

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              This is going to be the interesting part of Canelo's deal. Just how much does DAZN influence who he fights? They need the Jacobs fight next for multiple reasons. Getting Jacovs likely assures DAZN GGG or vice versa. But if those two don't sign with DAZN then you have exactly which opponents for Canelo? Hearn having such a close relationship with the DAZN top guns will no doubt be in their ears pushing for what he wants.

But GBP can just say we got Canelo's deal signed sealed and delivered already and we will fight whoever we want to fight. Interesting times for sure.
              Very interesting, especially the points you mention. I'm still wondering what Canelo's deal really is because I'm hearing that, just like Eddie's billion dollars, the contract isn't just a straight forward $360 million deal. And I wonder as well how much leverage DAZN has on Matchroom and GBP. I'm guessing a lot since they both seem to have staked a lot of their reputations on their DAZN deals.

Comment

Re

DAZN are no idiots . They can see that DLH will line up every journeyman and volunteer firefighter for Canelo DAZN is taking a hand- on approach, good news.

Comment

DAZN paying a lot of damn money, they don't want no damn Canelo vs Callum Smith and Canelo vs Lemieux in 2019 and I don't blame them!

The Pressure Is On! DAZN is going to need for the subscribers to keep their subscriptions after their Free Trial

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    This is going to be the interesting part of Canelo's deal. Just how much does DAZN influence who he fights?
                    Yeah that's what i've been wondering. A contract that big isn't all one way traffic. They will have some influence surely.

Then again, they could just be saying this to attract GGG to DAZN. He's still the second biggest name in the Middleweight division and still the biggest fight for Canelo. Even if they don't want it next year, they can tempt him.

It's better to have GGG on your network than not.

Comment

So is Fast Eddie the new DAZN USA spokesman or something? How about you let Oscar decide who Canelo fights there champ?

Comment

Working...
                      X