No announcement yet.

10 million illegal streams for Wilder vs Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... I can't remember that, because I watched that fight for free on a TV channel in my country (they still use to air the huge fights)...
    I remember talking about that with you back then. Those streams in Europe often get shared but the demand is so high on the servers they use these days because of the diminished availability of free streams...that they quickly become overloaded for any fight of consequence and have become unreliable sources.

Comment

F#ck if thats true. Boxing really needs to figure some sh^t out if that % of people were illegally streaming. Obviously I am aware people are streaming, but I didn't think 86%-ish of people were illegally streaming in the US.

Comment

We were planning on watching at a bar, but when we got there the place was already standing room only (earlier in the card). Knew that would be a good sign for the PPV.

Went back home, ordered a pizza and streamed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
          Who the **** is this guy. Why should we believe some random dweeb on social media
          Former HBO Sports Marketing Exec

Comment

I went to the movies, it's better for me than buying the PPV

Comment

Poor people will take the free route 99% of the time; and it'll be rationalized in their mind with a myriad of excuses (it cost too much, i can't afford it, they're rich and I need the money more than them, the card sucks, I don't feel like going somewhere to see it or splitting the cost, etc.).

It's like illegally downloading music and movies, if we find a way to access it, we're going to do it and justify it. It doesn't ****ing matter that the song only cost a dollar on mfing iTunes!

Would some people buy it if certain conditions were met (lower cost, better card)? They might (who are we kidding?), but most people will justify streaming it as long as they have the hope that they will access it for free.

Comment

It's a proof that streaming services are the future. PPV format is outdated and way too pricey to anybody who know how to find the illegal streaming links (which is everybody).

Comment

Because it’s too friggin expensive

Comment

I streamed, I'm not paying $75 for any PPV, especially one that I thought was going to be a terrible mismatch. For $25 I probably would've caved and gone for it

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                      They realize it won't make much different so go with the standard $75 price tag.

The same people that got it at $75 would get it at $25.
                      But how many more would get it really?

Also $35 (PPV 30 years ago) equals to about I think $65. The cost of non-HD PPVs of today.

So, it's no different really. The cost of everything else in the world has went up, so why go down.
                      Go down for more exposure, more ad revenue, investment in oneself instead of a cashing out mentality, loyalty to the fans, promote the sport of boxing.

Not saying it's going to change, they charge what they do because they can. But it's not good for the sport. Especially when you look at just how many PPVs are coming up in the next 6 months. That should not be the model.

Comment

Working...
                      X