Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Many People Believe, And I Agree, That Jacobs Beat GGG!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
    You say "the facts show ggg outlanding canelo by a lot" well maybe in jabs. The combos and bodyshots canelo outlanded ggg by a lot. If by "facts" you mean compubox that is just people "counting" punches, its as accurate as anyone else's view. Canelo is the "money" guy as you say but ggg was clearly the hbo favorite.
    Who else here thought GGG won?

Comment

ggg caught a lot of shots on gloves , and jacobs slapped

ggg won

Comment

I had Jacobs CLEARLY winning. lil g will only entertain a rematch if forced to.

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
          I think he edged out Jacobs but he lost twice to Alvarez.

Comment

I've seen this fight 3 times. I've scored it for Jacobs 3 times. Jacobs got robbed.

Comment

Good question for everyone who felt Nelo won... Do u think Jacobs won vs G?

Comment

Yep, he is an excellent promoter. Imagine if GGG was his fighter. And yes, GGG beat Dany fair and square even if Danny gave a GGG something to really work on. I wish somebody of Danny's caliber to fight GGG when he was 32.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesville View Post
                  You say "the facts show ggg outlanding canelo by a lot" well maybe in jabs. The combos and bodyshots canelo outlanded ggg by a lot. If by "facts" you mean compubox that is just people "counting" punches, its as accurate as anyone else's view. Canelo is the "money" guy as you say but ggg was clearly the hbo favorite.
                  Not sure what your point is really? Maybe you should read the whole earlier discussion I had with that guy. Btw in the 6th round I had it about even towards the end of the round in punches...then GGG landed a couple clean ones and Canelo landed nothing...yet they added a couple to Canelo and none to GGG, and had Canelo winning that round on punches by quite a few lol. So yes, as I said in a prior post, sometimes the punch stats are misleading, and even when accurate sometimes they don't necessarily tell the whole story. But they generally help to tell a very large part of the story. I thought Canelo fought well but GGG's ability to win rounds came through in both fights.

Comment

Originally posted by chubuk7 View Post
                    I mean it was obvious he won all 3 fights...won 9-2-1, 10-1-1, and 8-3-1 on round by round punch stats. That's about what the scores should have been in those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                      Not sure what your point is really? Maybe you should read the whole earlier discussion I had with that guy. Btw in the 6th round I had it about even towards the end of the round in punches...then GGG landed a couple clean ones and Canelo landed nothing...yet they added a couple to Canelo and none to GGG, and had Canelo winning that round on punches by quite a few lol. So yes, as I said in a prior post, sometimes the punch stats are misleading, and even when accurate sometimes they don't necessarily tell the whole story. But they generally help to tell a very large part of the story. I thought Canelo fought well but GGG's ability to win rounds came through in both fights.
                      The point is you said "the facts" , well there are no facts only opinions. Compubox is not facts. One can only go by what one sees. I saw ggg landing more jabs and canelo landing more combos and more body shots. Now in the amateurs volume is everything but in the pros there are many different factors. Different judges like different things but a lot do like combos more than jabs. Canelo's head and waist movement also showed defense another thing judges in the pros look for.

Comment

Working...
                      X