Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum isn't sending Wilder a contract to fight Fury....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum isn't sending Wilder a contract to fight Fury....

He's sending him a ESPN/Top Rank contract. He wants them both to have interim fights ESPN Plus before they have a rematch.

Wilder has said he has no problem fighting Fury on ESPN. Fury didn't have to sign a network/promoter deal for their first fight. Wilder shouldn't have to sign a network/promoter deal for this rematch.

Arum claims Haymon won't let his fighters fight outside the PBC networks. But here's Wilder willing to fight outside the PBC networks and now Arum is moving the goal posts by making Wilder sign a network/TR deal.

Wilder is willing to fight him on ESPN so Arum needs to make the fight without all the extra barriers. He's trying to strong arm the fight from the fans for the sole benefit of his company.

They're not gonna fight.

Comment

Take a look at Jerwin Ancajas and Gilberto Ramirez's opposition and you will see the quality of opponent Fury will face now that he's with Top Rank. Don't be surprised when Fury fights guys like Oscar Rivas, Bogdan Dinu and Bryant Jennings while being billed as the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.

Comment

Again, and people believe that Arum and Crawford really want to make the Spence fight.

As Spence always said, “I ain’t fighting on ESPN.”

Loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He's sending him a ESPN/Top Rank contract. He wants them both to have interim fights ESPN Plus before they have a rematch.

Wilder has said he has no problem fighting Fury on ESPN. Fury didn't have to sign a network/promoter deal for their first fight. Wilder shouldn't have to sign a network/promoter deal for this rematch.

Arum claims Haymon won't let his fighters fight outside the PBC networks. But here's Wilder willing to fight outside the PBC networks and now Arum is moving the goal posts by making Wilder sign a network/TR deal.

Wilder is willing to fight him on ESPN so Arum needs to make the fight without all the extra barriers. He's trying to strong arm the fight from the fans for the sole benefit of his company.
          where's the link showing that Arum is sending a Top Rank/network contract?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Sharp View Post
            Take a look at Jerwin Ancajas and Gilberto Ramirez's opposition and you will see the quality of opponent Fury will face now that he's with Top Rank. Don't be surprised when Fury fights guys like Oscar Rivas, Bogdan Dinu and Bryant Jennings while being billed as the lineal heavyweight champion of the world.
            you can pick apart both PBC and TR level of opposition. Look who GRJ fights or who Leo Santa Cruz just fought. Take away Ortiz and Fury and Wilder was happy fighting bums before then. There are lots of fighters who are happy or accept subpar competition. Look at Jermall Charlo's run at middleweight LOLOL

Comment

Can you stop making **** up to defend Wilder and stick to facts.

Comment

It doesn't benefit Fury or Wilder at this point. Fury escapes with the moral victory and keeps his 0. Wilder keeps his 0 as well and the next Fury fight is probably gonna be much harder for him.

They could both agree to fight two tune-ups which further builds their names and then fight each other down the line, 0's intact. It makes too much business sense to not make them fight right away. Sad but true. Fury will fight a black American (rank doesn't matter) so they can show that off on American TV. Wilder will fight whoever (again, rank doesn't matter).

Comment

After almost getting KOed in the 12th I think Fury will never rematch Wilder. The world thinks he won and he will leave it at that. Now he can make big money fighting less dangerous opponents. I f there is a rematch then I was wrong. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    where's the link showing that Arum is sending a Top Rank/network contract?
                    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Can you stop making **** up to defend Wilder and stick to facts.
                    "ESPN+ will pay significant money for them to fight other fighters and then to do the rematch on pay-per-view in the fall," Arum said. " Fury is happy either way. He is happy with the tremendous money he will earn for a fight on ESPN+ and I think Wilder will be equally happy with doing a fight on ESPN+ for the money I know we can offer. Wilder has to make that decision. We're not talking about peanuts. We're talking about Wilder probably making more against somebody else (in the interim bout) than he made when he fought Fury and then making even more in the rematch in the fall."

I will say this about Arum he is definitely better at this **** than Eddie Hearn

Comment

Working...
                    X