Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you, who won the Hagler vs Leonard fight?

It was a very tough, close, controversial decision. Until now, it is still a debate. But personally, for you, who won the fight between Marvin Hagler and Sugar Ray Leonard?

Leanord very close

Comment

I thought Hagler won

Comment

Leonard won. Not real close. Hagler got started too slow, and to fight orthodox for so long was halfwitted. Hagler was a mediocre ring general facing one of the best ring generals ever.

Comment

I had Hagler winning by 2 rounds.

Comment

Hagler. I don't score rounds for Leonard where he does nothing for 2:30 and then steals a round with pitty-pat flurries for the last 30 seconds.

Comment

I dispised Leonard but had him winning the bout. He outsped and outboxed Hagler for the reasonably close win. Marvin looked as slow as molasses that night and he just could not get a consistent offense going. Speed kills.

Comment

Hagler 115-113.

Leonard literally stole rounds. He landed some pitty pat punches in the last 30 seconds that got the crowd excited. A lot of shots hit Hagler's arms and gloves, and the punches that did land did no damage. That was Leonard's admitted strategy. His corner would even yell at the 30 second mark so Leonard knew when to turn it up.

Hagler did give some of the early rounds away being overconfident, he should have known that any close decision wouldn't go his way.

Comment

That’s an old trick...trying to steal rounds by throwing lots of combos at rounds end. Issue for Marvin was he looked sooo slowwww making Leonard’s flurries that much more impressive. Hagler was outboxed. When Leonard moved and boxed he won rounds...Hagler could only follow along .....slowly in comparison.

Comment

Haggler! Close fight.. Leonard was doing that Olympic style get the points and move a lot.

It was a close fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X