Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIRGIL HUNTER - Where was all this Media concern For Rigo Jumping Two weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    in my experience, he likely already had to make the jump the one class, so used it as an excuse to jump two classes.

"I jumped two weight classes" sounds a lot better than "I couldn't make weight anymore, then jumped one class"

and all good man. Appreciate the apology.
    It’s very possible but we’ll never know for sure until maybe years down the road in some obscure interview lol.

No problem bro I know how comments especially on bs can be and l dont want to come across like one of these guys who talk sht online to random people in a disrespectful manner because they can hide behind their computer screen.

Comment

Why doesn’t Hom0 move up 2 weight classes? Let’s see how big and bad Salido’s son is.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Spence should not fight Mikey, if no one at 147 is available then make a fight at 154 IMO
        i think the fight is bs, but if Spence doesn't fight him, the SAME people saying he shouldn't fight him 3 years from now will say, "Spence ducked Garcia". If Garcia wants to get battered around the ring for a check, then let him.

Comment

in my experience, he likely already had to make the jump the one class, so used it as an excuse to jump two classes.

"I jumped two weight classes" sounds a lot better than "I couldn't make weight anymore, then jumped one class"

and all good man. Appreciate the apology.
          He was making 119lbs as a grown man with a fully developed body (26 years old) with SAME DAY WEIGH-INS. It is extremely unlikely he was struggling to make 122lb and to my knowledge there has been no indication from Rigo or his camp that he struggles to make 122lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            I think Hunter and Ward even picked Rigo. Ward said he’d school Loma and like most they said size didn’t matter due to Rigo skill.
            Why do you keep lying? First you said Mikey and Robert Garcia predicted Rigo to win EVEN THOUGH they are both on video saying they think Lomachenko will win.

Now you are saying you 'think' Hunter and Ward picked Rigo even though No prediction from Andre Ward can be found, and Virgil Hunter is on record saying he thought Lomachenko would win.

'Trainer Virgil Hunter says Lomachenko has to be viewed as the favorite to beat Rigondeaux tonight based on his size. Hunter thinks it’s going to be hard for Rigondeaux to overcome Lomachenko’s size advantage in the fight.

“If you logically think, you have to pick Lomachenko because of all the advantages he has,” said trainer Virgil Hunter to Dontae’s Boxing Nation. ”First and foremost, starting with the size. Rigondeaux had to move up 2 weight classes. It’s quite obvious the advantages lie in his court,” said Hunter.'

Comment

Is Mikey not the 140lb lineal champion? So he's moving up one weight class to fight Spence.

either way though, I don't see it happening. It's posturing to not fight Rigo while Spence will fight more deserving Welters.

Comment

What's up with playing one audio clip of Hunter, yet showing a completely different video clip?? That mess is worse than an overdubbed Godzilla flick from the 70s!

Comment

Is Mikey not the 140lb lineal champion? So he's moving up one weight class to fight Spence.

either way though, I don't see it happening. It's posturing to not fight Rigo while Spence will fight more deserving Welters.
                  He dropped down to LW to fight Easter.

Don't you mean he's posturing to avoid Lomachenko?

Comment

He has a Point!

As a Spence Jr and Mikey Garcia fan...I hope that fight DOESN'T HAPPEN not this December that is just not enough time for Mikey to GO UP TO 147 build up strength and punch resistance at 147 to deal with physically one of the strongest fighters in the Division in just 4 Months? HELL NO!

Instead the winner of Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter need to fight Spence Jr, I don't know if they would be ready by December but maybe February 2019. As for Mikey, The Loma Fight! Go after the #1 P4P Fighter who is in your Division!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                      He dropped down to LW to fight Easter.

Don't you mean he's posturing to avoid Lomachenko?
                      no idea why I said Rigo. I think I had just read the Rigo article before hand. yes I meant Loma lol

and yeah he dropped back down, but being lineal champ at 140 no longer means he's a 135lb boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X