Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do referees give the count? Linares took 15 seconds to get up, ref counted to 10.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I know what you're saying, but I've seen many fights where a guy got an extended amount of time because the opponent would not get in a neutral corner. I don't know what considerations were in effect for that to happen, but I've definitely seen it many times.
    Damn right , a lot longer for sure
    This one I thought there was maybe two second discretion
    But nothing drastic
    I like the way people are saying Linares quit
    They should get hit by the money shot , as I like to call it , and see if they quit

Comment

Maybe someone other than the ref should run the count entirely? Like an official outside who is mic'd up that counts with a timer in hand anytime a fighter goes down?

Comment

Dont you dare open your mouth WarMikey! I’m trying to save you from further embarrassment!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          They dont count in seconds, it is not a 10 second count..Just a 10 count...Some count faster then others..Fights listen to the ref and go by their count
          Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          If the ref is redirecting the man standing he then picks the count up from the time keeper.
          There are no watch's involved it is a ten count not a ten second count!

Ray
          War Boxing.

I usually will make fun of the OP but this is a very common mistake where they think the 10 count is = to 10 seconds when its not.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Even when that happens the count is already started by the time keeper and the ref just picks it up
            ... yes, sure:

"If the opponent should not go to the neutral corner on the command of the referee, the referee shall stop counting until the opponent has done so. The counting shall be then continued where it has been interrupted."

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... yes, sure:

"If the opponent should not go to the neutral corner on the command of the referee, the referee shall stop counting until the opponent has done so. The counting shall be then continued where it has been interrupted."
              ... the debate regarding the "long count" and the "neutral corner" started back in 1927, with Dempsey vs Tunney...

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                Damn right , a lot longer for sure
                This one I thought there was maybe two second discretion
                But nothing drastic
                I like the way people are saying Linares quit
                They should get hit by the money shot , as I like to call it , and see if they quit
                The liver shot cuts in like a stab. Linares stretched the count, tried to get up at the last second, although quite late even though it was a long count, was done, but still said in the post fight interview that he wanted to go on, which he clearly didn’t/couldn’t, and tried to blame the ref on a bad stoppage, instead of admitting it was No Mas for him...

Comment

I think that's because Loma didn't go to neutral corner.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... yes, sure:

Does that rule actually apply in present times?

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      Does that rule actually apply in present times?
                      ... as long as a "neutral corner" still exists and the standing fighter is still obliged to go there, I suppose that the rule is still in force...

Comment

Working...
                      X