Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Exercises Rematch Clause For Andy Ruiz Sequel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    I hope the contract is written to give Andy a big pay increase.
    You think there's a chance it won't ? He's the unified HW champion of the world. I can't imagine for a second that he won't dwarf all his other paydays combined. He hit the lottery. His and his family's lives are changed forever.
    I would be shocked if the first contract included some sort of limitations on the rematch purse, that would be considered "chump change". If he makes less than 10M in the rematch, that would be a dirty shame. It could end up being over 20M.

Comment

Eddie moving quickly because he knows Haymon working on finding Loopholes right now to flip this thing completely upside down

Trying to rush it could backfire again and ruin AJ career forever so lets hope this is AJ really wanting the rematch instantly and not Eddie Hearn talking him into doing the rematch right away for his SELFISH GAIN and making it about him vs Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
        You think there's a chance it won't ? He's the unified HW champion of the world. I can't imagine for a second that he won't dwarf all his other paydays combined. He hit the lottery. His and his family's lives are changed forever.
        I would be shocked if the first contract included some sort of limitations on the rematch purse, that would be considered "chump change". If he makes less than 10M in the rematch, that would be a dirty shame. It could end up being over 20M.
        Unfortunately, this sport has a history of athletes being screwed over. I certainly hope you're right though.

Comment

Wait a minute. My credible source Dontaes Boxing Nation told me Joshua declined the rematch!

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
            Biggest fight in boxing

Come on aj

Remember what made you the most feared

Find that man again and you will take this dude out!!!
            Too right. The guy that fought Ruiz wasn't the guy that fought Whyte, Wlad and Povetkin. He just wasn't.

AJ by vicious knockout. He's gonna be angry and pissed off this time. Bad news for Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Based on the script, it will most likely be in the US. They got the full attention of Americans and the whole of Mexico now. The rematch will break all records on DAZN if it’s held in the US and it will give Josh an opportunity to break the US market without Wilder.

I hope Ruiz signed percentage split for the rematch, not a flat fee.
              Nah, wont be the highest on DAZN, but should do very good numbrs. Last fight didn't even beat Canelo-Rocky The Canelo/GGG3 trilogy will easily top this.

Comment

Risky move... Ruiz has his number, and now the confidence that he can outbox and KO Joshua.

My guess is Ruiz repeats. Joshua goes off and fights the winner of Price-Allen or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  There's a reason you didn't see Lennox, Wladimir, Tyson and those guys take immediate rematches
                  Lewis wanted an immediate reamtch with McCall, McCall ducked. Lewis rematch Rahman straight away.

Wlad triggered his rematch clause with Fury, Fury pulled out and retired.

Tyson took an immediate rematch with Holyfield.

Any more nonsense?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Eddie moving quickly because he knows Haymon working on finding Loopholes right now to flip this thing completely upside down

Trying to rush it could backfire again and ruin AJ career forever so lets hope this is AJ really wanting the rematch instantly and not Eddie Hearn talking him into doing the rematch right away for his SELFISH GAIN and making it about him vs Haymon
                    I dont think Haymon of Wilder are worried. Either Ruiz fights Wilder or Wilder makes AJs chin explode when they fight.

AJ was losing to Parker before the Ref jumped in a saved his ass. I said this well before the Ruiz fight. Dubois has always been the UKs best hope in Hwy.

Dubois dropped AJ in sparring and would have no problem doing it again.

Nobody with a boxing brain was ever scared of anything AJ had except his power. Until AJ learns how to box he will continue to kiss the canvas.

AJ needs Jonathan Banks on speed dial. If he cant get Banks then he needs Tony Harrison to train him seeing the he has his own gym now.
                    If Joshua values his health he will listen to Lennox Lewis and not Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Exercises Rematch Clause For Andy Ruiz Sequel

Anthony Joshua couldn't have made it any clearer even in the aftermath of his first defeat. "The vision remains the same," noted the now former heavyweight champion, whose immediate goal is to reclaim what was once all his. The 2012 Olympic Gold medalist from England wasted no time in seeking to avenge his lone career defeat, following a shocking 7th round knockout at the hands of Andy Ruiz. Just three days after the loss came the decision to run it back.
                      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Working...
                      X