Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people think Paul Williams had ANY chance against Floyd?

This is a serious question here.

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too stupid to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Williams wasn't a bum, but Sergio was catching him clean with check hooks and overhand lefts all night long. The left that put him to sleep was the same shot he was just eating - like he was too stupid to defend against it.

Add to that Williams had nowhere near the speed of Floyd at any point. Mayweather would have been tagging him at will all night long - shades of Mayweather/Corrales.

So I ask you. What in the blue world would convince you that this guy would have beaten Floyd Mayweather?
    Paul Williams' work rate would have been a tough outing for any fighter; Including Money May. The man averaged close to a 115 punches per round. Unless, Floyd out landed, blocked, slipped or dodged the vast majority of P Will's punches, then he could have very well made it interesting on the scorecards.

Comment

They thought Margarito had a chance too.

Comment

Moreover, the reason why Paul Williams defeated Sergio Martinez in their first bout because Williams both out threw, out landed and overall scored more power punches than Sergio Martinez. That was what gave him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Moreover, the reason why Paul Williams defeated Sergio Martinez in their first bout because Williams both out threw, out landed and overall scored more power punches than Sergio Martinez. That was what gave him the fight.
          Don't matter. What happened in the rematch? Completely nullified Fight 1.

Same with Mr. Golovkin. What happened in the rematch? Completely nullified Fight 1.

Same with Mr. Pacquiao. Fights 1 - 3 don't matter and are nullified by Fight 4.

"At the end of the day", all the matters is the last outcome.

Comment

Everybody that beat williams was a southpaw.martinez, quintana. even that lara ass whooping came from a southpaw.

Comment

Smh................................

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                Everybody that beat williams was a southpaw.martinez, quintana. even that lara ass whooping came from a southpaw.
                That's a very true statement. It appeared that, that was actually his weakness or achilles heel; Southpaws.

Comment

Don't matter. What happened in the rematch? Completely nullified Fight 1.

Same with Mr. Golovkin. What happened in the rematch? Completely nullified Fight 1.

Same with Mr. Pacquiao. Fights 1 - 3 don't matter and are nullified by Fight 4.

"At the end of the day", all the matters is the last outcome.
                  I'd say there is a big freaking difference between 1 and 3 vs 2 in this example. I mean like a huge difference LOL.

Also in the record books it doesn't nullify anything. And I'd say that as big a fan as I am of JMM I wouldn't say the fourth fight nullified the first three fights. I didn't walk out of the fourth fight and say JMM is better than Pac.

Castillo knocked the f out of Corrales in the rematch, that didn't nullify their first fight.

Comment

Paul William's would have dominated Floyd's opponants except perhaps Maidonna

Comment

Working...
                    X