No announcement yet.

Who is better, Wilfredo Gomez or GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is better, Wilfredo Gomez or GGG?

Both fighters are part of the greatest power-punchers in the history of this sport..

Wilfredo Gomez:

-World Amateur Champion in 1974.

-32 knockout wins in a row.

-Gómez's streak reached 32 knockouts in a row. Those 32 knockouts in a row included what is generally considered to be his biggest victory ever, a five-round defeat of World Bantamweight champion Carlos Zarate, who was 55-0 with 54 knockout wins coming into their San Juan bout.

-By the time he was done with the Junior Featherweights, Gómez had established a division record of 17 defenses, and a world record of most defenses in a row won by knockout, all his defenses finishing before the established distance limit

GGG:

-Silver medal in Olympic Games in 2014.

-23 knockout wins in a row.

-18 defenses of his title.

-Best win: Jacobs.

Who is better?
    -Wilfredo Gomez
    75.76%
    -GGG
    24.24%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 03-22-2017, 11:48 PM.

Who knows bruh it's a 40 year difference

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Who knows bruh it's a 40 year difference
      I know, Gomez was better in my humble opinion.

Better skills and a way better footwork.

Comment

Wilfredo Gomez is a legend. He didn't duck anybody. He would have signed that 15 mil. contract in a sec.
        Mr. I Flopped Again With Another ****ty PPV is ducking The PPV King.

Wilfredo is a God, Mr. Flop is a skid row bum.

Comment

Right now I say GGG.

Gomez was a bad mofo but got destroyed by Salvador Sanchez and then brutally KO'ed by Azumah Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
            Right now I say GGG.

Gomez was a bad mofo but got destroyed by Salvador Sanchez and then brutally KO'ed by Azumah Nelson.
            Man, but that was in the featherweight division, and Sanchez and Azumah were 2 of the best featherweights in all the history, Azumah is the greatest african boxer and Sanchez the #2 of Mexico.

Gomez in 122 pounds was superman and he K.O'ed 2 HOF like Zarate and Pintor, that were way better fighters than Jacons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
              Both fighters are part of the greatest power-punchers in the history of this sport..

Wilfredo Gomez:

-World Amateur Champion in 1974.

-32 knockout wins in a row.

-Gómez's streak reached 32 knockouts in a row. Those 32 knockouts in a row included what is generally considered to be his biggest victory ever, a five-round defeat of World Bantamweight champion Carlos Zarate, who was 55-0 with 54 knockout wins coming into their San Juan bout.

-By the time he was done with the Junior Featherweights, Gómez had established a division record of 17 defenses, and a world record of most defenses in a row won by knockout, all his defenses finishing before the established distance limit

GGG:

-Silver medal in Olympic Games in 2014.

-23 knockout wins in a row.

-18 defenses of his title.

-Best win: Jacobs.

Who is better?
              ......18 defenses of what? Most the time he had one of the wba belt or the other someone else had a belt

Regular titles defenses mean as much as the WBF, NABO...minor defense's don't count and he never won the belt in the ring

Anyone with a brain knows Gomez was simply more talented and accomplished more ....by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                Man, but that was in the featherweight division, and Sanchez and Azumah were 2 of the best featherweights in all the history, Azumah is the greatest african boxer and Sanchez the #2 of Mexico.

Gomez in 122 pounds was superman and he K.O'ed 2 HOF like Zarate and Pintor, that were way better fighters than Jacons.
                If sanchez was around today, people would be saying...danny lopez is a bum, gomez was moving up, nelson was green etc. It's crazy how boxing fans are now.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Right now I say GGG.

......have you ever watched a full fight of his.... Even a highlight?

He beat better competition and actually beat someone for ALL of his titles

He actually fought and beat hall of famers...hell GGG has beat and who fought who?

https://youtu.be/cfjvUCwxcWI

This poll even being close shows how many dont know shiiiiiiiid about boxing.... Triple G over a proven hall of famer, P4P top 10 in the late 70s-80s ...smgdh

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 97K PPVs View Post
                    Wilfredo Gomez is a legend. He didn't duck anybody. He would have signed that 15 mil. contract in a sec.
                    Mr. I Flopped Again With Another ****ty PPV is ducking The PPV King.

Wilfredo is a God, Mr. Flop is a skid row bum.
                    When did Floyd call GGG out? Did I miss something

Comment

Working...
                    X