No announcement yet.

***The Official BBQ Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    It's all in the charcoal and formation, TBear. Draft is essential to building a perfect charcoal fire. I don't even use lighter fluid to get my grill going. The fire takes longer to build that way, but the payoff is more than worth the time invested. The food tastes better and the fire lasts longer.
    I do tend to cover the charcoal with fluid. I think I will try using less to get a lower temp and slower cook.

Comment

One thing I hate cooking on the grill is chicken, I refuse from doing it

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post

why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          after reading the above, i suggest you create that cooking thread...i'm gonna try these marinades when i get back from my trip

when i marinade, i lean heavily on soy sauce, limes and a lil bit of brown sugar...fairly basic but does the job
          yeah my marinades are not quite as fancy but I do go with limes oranges soy sauce worcestershire sauce LOTS O GARLIC both fresh and ground with salt.....oh yeah and beer.....ever try carne asada marinated in beer and limon???

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            why is that?
            me too....why?? cuz if you don't cook meat all the way you can still eat it and be aight for the most part....

if you fuk around and don't cook the chicken right you and your guests are in for a world of hurt

hence I tend to over cook the **** atta chicken....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
              yeah my marinades are not quite as fancy but I do go with limes oranges soy sauce worcestershire sauce LOTS O GARLIC both fresh and ground with salt.....oh yeah and beer.....ever try carne asada marinated in beer and limon???
              just beer and lime?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                I agree, gas may be easier but charcoal make for better food/flavor.

How do you keep charcoal going for three hours though? I have a few things I cook for an hour but after that I have ashes.
                I have this thing I don't know what is called but it's in shape of a cylinder with holes all around, thats where I put my Charcoal and let it burn for a while until ready then I throw it on the grill

It takes longer than gas but it's worth the wait, everybody that comes to my bbq's knows not to ask me When's the food ready or to touch my grill

Comment

just beer and lime?
                  yup....beer and lime..............mmmm.....mmmm........good.......

Comment

why is that?
                    It cooks too quick and it's uneven so you need to give it more attention so it don't burn

Comment

after reading the above, i suggest you create that cooking thread...i'm gonna try these marinades when i get back from my trip

when i marinade, i lean heavily on soy sauce, limes and a lil bit of brown sugar...fairly basic but does the job
                      I'll hit you up with a PM or two detailing the exact measurements for the marinades.

Comment

Working...
                      X