Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately your link isn't particularly informative. At least not to me.. Once Alexander the Great, a Macedonian, and not a Greek, United olives together, it was whip azz on whoever...

Gimme your most authoratative source, preferable not a so called on line lil dude expert.

I'll quote Alexander the greats for top generals..
    Once Alexander Died and his kingdom was divided.

4 of his top generals divided his kingdom, look it up, then we might could talk, simple search result sets reflect a simple mind.. I believe that you can teach me history, at least in English, prefer Spanish or Hebrew..

Comment

I recall seeing a series of modern genetic studies determining that they were pretty much the same as modern Greeks minus the more recent immigrant mixture & legacy of brief Turkish occupation.

Their ethnic transformation wasn't nearly as extreme as what happened in the Middle East.

"White" is a very loose term -- they are definitely part of the caucasoid race which can include olive skin tones.
      Last edited by ////; 01-04-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        To answer your question. They weren't white. They were a mixture of Asians and Africans. The whites came later and supplanted them. The civilization prior to what we now called Greece (Mycenaean civilization) was called the Minoans civilization. Here is a pic:

lol where do you get this stuff from

the art of trying to interpret historical artwork for literal skintones (when they're exaggerated for contrast & often blue, green, etc for artistic touch or color-coded according to social caste) has been mostly relegated to internet blogs. Genetic testing has luckily replaced it.

edit: i see someone already linked minoan DNA results
        Last edited by ////; 01-04-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Does it matter? Would it change anything?
          /End thread

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Does it matter? Would it change anything?
            It probably would change things for some people, look how defensive certain posters got.

But I'm mostly just asking out of curiosity. History is an interesting topic.

Comment

They werent black

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
                They werent black
                But were they white, doe?

Comment

They looked like Brad Pitt you stupid idiot!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X