Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fellow insomniacs, what is the better play?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    I get it in my head that I 100% need sleep no matter what.

Teas and **** won't work on me.

Certified insomniac.

I think I know beers not the right option, but I start to get anxious as **** if I can't sleep and the only thing that stops that anxiety is beer.
    That's my big problem then. The more I think about needing sleep the more it didn't come to me. It's ****ing irritating that sometimes you want to scream in the middle of the night.

What I do now is to drink tea and just condition myself that I'll be spending long hours in bed awake. Then I somehow get a good sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
      Roll up some good Indica Marihuana and smoke until you're smiling. Sleep will follow in about a half an hour if you just go lay down...........Dr. Rockin'
      Me and weed don't mix, it causes me to whitey out.

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
      How many cans have you already put back? It may be too late to turn back now. I hope you don't work in public safety though.
      Like 5 cans I know I shouldn't of drank. But I end up tossing and turning for hours in bed and it makes me anxious as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I get it in my head that I 100% need sleep no matter what.

Teas and **** won't work on me.

Certified insomniac.

I think I know beers not the right option, but I start to get anxious as **** if I can't sleep and the only thing that stops that anxiety is beer.
        **** that's terrible ehr, I used to get like that years ago man. I still struggle with it myself, but, my best advice is to do abdominal breathing. Breathe in through your nose, raising your stomach and then breathing out through your mouth. When you breathe as if youre relaxed your body will believe it and will begin to actually relax. If you have the patience for it, give it a shot, it really works.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
          That's my big problem then. The more I think about needing sleep the more it didn't come to me. It's ****ing irritating that sometimes you want to scream in the middle of the night.

What I do now is to drink tea and just condition myself that I'll be spending long hours in bed awake. Then I somehow get a good sleep.
          I hate it. I got in bed at 9pm and could feel the anxiety creeping in that I knew I had no chance of sleeping so had to hit the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
            Roll up some good Indica Marihuana and smoke until you're smiling. Sleep will follow in about a half an hour if you just go lay down...........Dr. Rockin'
            yeah but then it's even harder to wake up, and unless he has a tolerance to weed, it'll combne with the hangover feeing making you even more sluggsh.

I'd recommend that if he didn't have to get up and work in the morning; or woke up with a bad hangover - NOTHNG Cures a hangover like a good hybrid indica/sativa strain (indica for the body buzz; sativa for the nice heady relief).

Comment

Also it depends on how much time you got to potentiall sleep.

I can be good for 6-8 hours (once I get myself out of bed and motivated/woken up) if I get 3-4 hours sleep.

But if we're talking 2ish hours or less... I'd just stay up, and prepare to hit a few cups of coffee throughout the day.

Just let your bed be the motivation to get through the day... ANd how nice it'll be to snuggle down on the cool pillow... like a giant plush marshmallow ... Relaxation...

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                **** that's terrible ehr, I used to get like that years ago man. I still struggle with it myself, but, my best advice is to do abdominal breathing. Breathe in through your nose, raising your stomach and then breathing out through your mouth. When you breathe as if youre relaxed your body will believe it and will begin to actually relax. If you have the patience for it, give it a shot, it really works.
                Going to have to give it a try because this current trend is atrocious.

But I don't want to start taking sleeping pills.

Insomnia has made me have to dig very deep over the years.

Comment

I have never had an issue sleeping but have started shift work over the last 6 months.

Reading is what puts me out usually. Watching t.v is too stimulating to too many senses. But a book with pages. Not reading off a screen. That seems to do it.

That said it's 4 a.m now and I am wide awake and hungry. Had to smash a sandwich.

If I was working tomorrow I would be in trouble. I work 12 hour shifts.

Comment

Xanax and Indica has never failed me.

Comment

B. It happens to me a lot. I just go to work super tired, take an early lunch and nap in my truck for an hour.

Comment

Working...
                      X