Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto was a bit chinny at 140 and has never coped well under pressure, he'd start running early and lose ud

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      delusional if you believe that! how about relentless pressure?!

i dont think cotto was faster, nor was he stronger than hatton at 140, he does have a better skill set tho.
      I dunno about being physically stronger, I'd say that they would be even enough, but Cotto would definitely have the edge in hand speed, Hatton might be quicker Footspeed. Hatton is definitely more explosive starter for about the first 4 rounds. But I see no way Hatton would win this fight!

Comment

I always wanted to see this fight while they were campaigning at 140. It's a shame they never met.

Comment

just here to add to the nationalism a bit more.

cotto. too much for hatton down stretch in a no-doubt war.

aaah, i rememeber the days back when eleviel was still here.

Comment

Not trying to be a jerk, but you seem to be making a lot of matchup threads lately that have been done recently already. They shouldn't be hard to find.

As to the topic, Cotto in a hard fought decision and a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
              I dunno about being physically stronger, I'd say that they would be even enough, but Cotto would definitely have the edge in hand speed, Hatton might be quicker Footspeed. Hatton is definitely more explosive starter for about the first 4 rounds. But I see no way Hatton would win this fight!
              i could see either guy winning to be honest. shame we didnt get to see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                LOL!

name the multiple lesser fighters that dropped Cotto at 140...I'll wait..
                Off the top of my head. Ricardo Torres dropped him in the 2nd round. Demarcus Corley rocked him so hard he hid behind the ref, although he didnt fall. Thats all I got off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Off the top of my head. Ricardo Torres dropped him in the 2nd round. Demarcus Corley rocked him so hard he hid behind the ref, although he didnt fall. Thats all I got off the top of my head.
                  Torres was a serious banger though !

Comment

Cotto really a natural 147 fighter, Hatton 140

Both looked well sub par in each others division, but as cotto ended up in his natural weight class while Hatton moved into a weight class he was too small for Hatton looking bad is much more fresh

This, plus Hatton being British = cotto wins fantasy poll, and it's as simple as that
                    These threads are full of nothing but uninformed opinion

Personally either could win, pends on who has the better night

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
                      Torres was a serious banger though !
                      Torres can punch but hes still a lesser fighter. Another Colombian that comes to the states with a rediculous record and gets beat as soon as he steps up in class. Cottos been down more I just cant remember by who because those guys were nobodies.

Comment

Working...
                      X