All Countries Arose From Blood and Iron

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    Because it's laughable

You're trying to argue when even your examples are against your first comment

I'll explain since youre really dense

Borders and nations have always been shaped thru war

Even international agreements. Even former colonies. There was a war to shape who was in control to partition or give independence

That is what ts means by blood and iron.

But you're dense and since his example is america you think he means you have to fight a revolution and gain independence to qualify to what he means
    And, now back to the real world.

What you wrote there simply is not true. And I have explained the reality of it.

Mostly how the map is drawn in Africa was determined by colonial administrators drawing lines for the sake of their own convenience.

Just look up the history of Gambia.

A better example though is South America. Which, I already pointed out.

It was constituted through a partition of the continent between Portugal and Spain, conducted by the Pope. This was in preference to Spain and Portugal warring over the territories.

The Spanish portion was divided into administrative sections. The Portuguese section is what we now call Brazil.

Angola was somewhat similarly formed.

Comment

Some here would disagree doe, they would have you believe it rose from the ancient kangz who planted all crops and cotton fields and developed ancient civilizations like Egypt and Greece. We wuz the creators n'shiet

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        And, now back to the real world.

What you wrote there simply is not true. And I have explained the reality of it.

Mostly how the map is drawn in Africa was determined by colonial administrators drawing lines for the sake of their own convenience.

Just look up the history of Gambia.

A better example though is South America. Which, I already pointed out.

It was constituted through a partition of the continent between Portugal and Spain, conducted by the Pope. This was in preference to Spain and Portugal warring over the territories.

The Spanish portion was divided into administrative sections. The Portuguese section is what we now call Brazil.

Angola was somewhat similarly formed.
        And how did European powers get control of these colonies they divided up?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          And how did European powers get control of these colonies they divided up?
          I guess you missed my post on the last page:

I'll concede this.

If you want to say that colonizing a country is engaging in a war against the people there, even if you don't necessarily go to the length of driving the people by the thousands from the wells to die of thirst in the desert (as the Germans did in Southeast Africa), you are still conducting a war against the people.

I'll concede, that if you want to define colonizing as engaging in war against the people of that land, the countries were formed through war (and the colonizers did often face resistance).

But the resistance was often not systematic.

Still, if reducing the people of the land to peons of colonial administrators is war, then I can concede the point.

It's just not as cut-and-dry as that to me.

I don't usually consider the ineffective resistance of the people of the Belgian Congo as having been war. The Congolese were simply enslaved, effectually. But, if you want to define the Belgian's conduct as war against the people of the Congo, that is okay too.

Comment

I guess you missed my post on the last page:
            When you make threads like these bragging about your conquest of peaceful people who were minding their business and living in harmony with nature, how do you tell the descendants of these people to forget about it and move on?

Comment

you're forgetting several generations of genocide. anywhere from a few million to 20 million natives lived in the states prior to colonization.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Superior weaponry makes enemies outta friends. Power corrupts absolutely.
                The quote is "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you're forgetting several generations of genocide. anywhere from a few million to 20 million natives lived in the states prior to colonization.
                  Lol here we go with the millennial input.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    When you make threads like these bragging about your conquest of peaceful people
                    What peaceful people are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      Lol here we go with the millennial input.

30 years old and a homeowner and owner of a business, partner in a second business. if you live on the east coast you've likely had food in your mouth that went through machinery i've sold. i'd probably vote republican if the GOP could get their act together and nominate somebody other htan a side show with genuine mental illnesses.

just some liberal millenial doe
                      nice try doe

"bbbbut we gave them land doe, so it's not genocide."

Comment

Working...
                      X