Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is GGG the hardest punching MW since Julian Jackson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abraham, Miranda, Trinidad, Chocolatito at 108, Pavlik, Kovalev, lots of P4P punchers!

Comment

No mention of Roy Jones Jr? Tommy Hearns?

Comment

GGG hits harder than Abe & Miranda ever did.

G-Man hit harder
        Many will disagree but I feel Lemieux is heavier handed

Comment

GGG has a ton of power without having to load up. He's pretty refined. He does have a ton of power and some heavy hands and his power sticks to you. It's hard to say if he hits harder because of his style. Everything he throws seems to hurt even his "light" stuff. Pavlik wasnt hurting with every shot (though had heavy hands) but unleashed thunder with that right (I remember Martinez saying Pavlik had absolutely brutal power in his hands). Jj had killer power and was more explosive.

Very hard to say.. I guess different kinds of power. GGG seems to be a heavier puncher..more debilitating if you will with the added benefit of also having concussive power.

Comment

GGG is very economical with his punches, I bet if he went in there being wild and winding up he could score some devastating knockouts too, but to answer your question, I think JJ was a harder puncher without a doubt, however GGG is probably no:2.

Can't really say much for David Le'Mule! his opposition isn't exactly worthy of mentions.

Comment

The Brook stoppage didn't exactly look that convincing, did it?

Julian Jackson could knock you unconscious before you even hit the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post

Brook was going to sleep in the next round or so....

Comment

In terms of one punch power, probably not. There haven't been many that could land such hard shots so consistently though.

Even when we've seen guys do well against him, they seem to rapidly break down from the impact of whatever Golovkin is landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post

Julian would've never landed on Brook. he's slow and he doesn't have accumulative power. no body shot KO's.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                      Julian would've never landed on Brook. he's slow and he doesn't have accumulative power. no body shot KO's.
                      Wait, what?
                      Ok people are drinking that GGG kool Aid, Jackson would of killed brook easy

Comment

Working...
                      X