No announcement yet.

Who likes country music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who likes country music?

Ya'll like this song? Billboard took the original song off the country charts because they said the song didn't involve original elements of country music. Whatever that means. So he got Billy Ray Cyrus to do a remix to the song

Good song
    18.75%
    It's o.k.
    31.25%
    Trash
    50.00%

Not really. What's the name of the country song that goes like this:

"Muh mother's muh sister
    Muh Uncle's muh brother
    I hate me some queers
    And I can't stand them coloreds
    "

Comment

Never listened to much until I got hired to engineer a country record a few years back. I don't like Nashville (mainstream) country but I like the old "outlaw" stuff. Cash, Waylon, Merle, Willy. I didn't grow up on that stuff. Only discovered it not too long ago but instantly found it to have a lot of integrity and soul. It's working man's music.

The song in the video isn't bad. Has some good elements, some bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Never listened to much until I got hired to engineer a country record a few years back. I don't like Nashville (mainstream) country but I like the old "outlaw" stuff. Cash, Waylon, Merle, Willy. I didn't grow up on that stuff. Only discovered it not too long ago but instantly found it to have a lot of integrity and soul. It's working man's music.

The song in the video isn't bad. Has some good elements, some bad.
        I was just about to post the same thing. I like the outlaw stuff. Reminds me of the blues and blues is one of my favorite genres of music.

Comment

Achy Breaky Heart >>> the rest

Comment

Im not a country guy but does it sound like a white guy trying to be black?

Comment

I love country music but the old school kind. I wouldn't know any current country singers right now but bring me Dolly Parton, Bobby Bare, Tommy T Hall, Bellamy Brothers, Don Williams that kind of era.

Comment

The song started out country with the instruments and vocals, then the beat drop and you can hear nothing but 808 after that.

Comment

i go to country concerts all the time. thats where all the baddest white girls are at.
                  im goin to dan + shay next week

Comment

I don't listen to country but I love me some Wheeler Walker Jr. The lyrics are funny and the band behind him is pretty damn good.(Sturgill Simpson's band) His Redneck Shit album is awesome IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7foq...M&index=2&t=0s
                    Last edited by Panopticon; 04-05-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X