No announcement yet.

Fox so happy with the PPV numbers they bring out the champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

ESPN ignored Crawford after his PPV and called them into the office and complained.
    Fox is doing more for boxin than ESPN has ever done in the 20 plus years they had friday night fights.

Fox even had Tyson Fury who is with Top Rank on their NFL London segment with UK parent company Sky.

Fox is keeping the PPV model alive, people dont realize tht 325 to 450k buys are the average these are great numbers, they also forgot FOX is new to this those numbers will only get bigger the more they promote young fighters. It takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Fox is doing more for boxin than ESPN has ever done in the 20 plus years they had friday night fights.

Fox even had Tyson Fury who is with Top Rank on their NFL London segment with UK parent company Sky.

Fox is keeping the PPV model alive, people dont realize tht 325 to 450k buys are the average these are great numbers, they also forgot FOX is new to this those numbers will only get bigger the more they promote young fighters. It takes time.
      What is so important about keeping the PPV model alive other than ripping people off?

Comment

They're so happy with the numbers that they won't release them lol

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
          the next person who makes a thread about the PPV numbers without an actual source reporting the PPV numbers should be banned
          I saw a Youtube video of some angry black guy sitting in his car on a rainy day saying that it did 2500. I think he worked for PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by dot.c.eh View Post
            What is so important about keeping the PPV model alive other than ripping people off?
            Don't you know that it's good for the sport when boxing PPV's do good numbers? That means we'll get more PPV's. Which means more cards with half-assed and meaningless undercards. If all PPV's do good numbers, that means they can put all fights on PPV for 80 bucks or whatever they charge. How do you not understand why that isn't good for the sport? When the boxers get that extra PPV money, it's good for the fan too, because then it means we can throw PPV fight parties every weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

ESPN ignored Crawford after his PPV and called them into the office and complained.
              What you meant to say is they are working hard to recoup those losses so they brought him in to start promoting the Fury rematch. I fixed it for you fam

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

I think they said 275k for Spence Porter

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                  Don't you know that it's good for the sport when boxing PPV's do good numbers? That means we'll get more PPV's. Which means more cards with half-assed and meaningless undercards. If all PPV's do good numbers, that means they can put all fights on PPV for 80 bucks or whatever they charge. How do you not understand why that isn't good for the sport? When the boxers get that extra PPV money, it's good for the fan too, because then it means we can throw PPV fight parties every weekend!
                  I wish I could have paid $200 just to watch Santa Cruz / Flores

Comment

Not sure what the PPV Buys are...really don't care

On to Wilder vs Fury II which I'm sure will do great Numbers

Wilder vs Ortiz II should've been on FOX for Free though

Gotta start Ignoring the stupid people on this forum, too many Trolls to take anything serious on this forum
                    Last edited by sicko; 12-01-2019, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      I think they said 275k for Spence Porter
                      Where? I thought it did 375k?

Comment

Working...
                      X