No announcement yet.

Anthony Bourdain found dead of apparent suicide in France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    RIP. First dude that introduced me to weird foods across the globe.
    This is hitting me hard. He was one of the only people I looked forward to.

As much as suicide is a sad issue in our world, I find it odd Bourdain's death was classified as that so quickly.

Let's not forget Bourdain did a show where he openly mocked Putin, only for Putin to retaliate against one of the people he interviewed--Boris Nemtsov, by having him shot in the middle of Moscow.

I always thought Bourdain was at risk after that happened, so now I look upon this wondering whether it's like those "he had a heart attack" deaths the Russians are known for.

I don't generally like to talk "conspiracy-ish," but I am willing to make an exception for one of my favorite people. He didn't have a perfect life, but his personality makes me doubt he did this to himself. Bourdain was resilient.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post

As much as suicide is a sad issue in our world, I find it odd Bourdain's death was classified as that so quickly.

Let's not forget Bourdain did a show where he openly mocked Putin, only for Putin to retaliate against one of the people he interviewed--Boris Nemsov, by having him shot in the middle of Moscow.

I always thought Bourdain was at risk after that happened, so now I look upon this wondering whether it's like those "he had a heart attack" deaths the Russians are known for.

I don't generally like to talk "conspiracy-ish," but I am willing to make an exception for one of my favorite people. He didn't have a perfect life, but his personality makes me doubt he did this to himself. Bourdain was resilient.
      Yeah kind of like how Arturo Gatti definitely didn't seem like the type who would give in and kill himself, which made his death reek of foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post

Let's not forget Bourdain did a show where he openly mocked Putin, only for Putin to retaliate against one of the people he interviewed--Boris Nemtsov, by having him shot in the middle of Moscow.

http://freebeacon.com/culture/clinto...stein-accuser/

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
          I wonder if he knew the Clintons?
          Perfect.....

Comment

I'm shocked....guy had everything to live for.....wife, kid, great job and all that went with it.

Comment

Not too surprising. My wife loves that guy and has all his books. I read a couple of em and he a dark guy. Very neat guy as well. Too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                Yeah kind of like how Arturo Gatti definitely didn't seem like the type who would give in and kill himself, which made his death reek of foul play.
                Yeah, something is off; Bourdain's the type to make jokes about this kind of stuff. I mean, if he actually did it, then that's sad; the separation from his ex a couple years ago must have taken a toll, then. But he still had a kid, so what the heck? I just don't see it, and he didn't seem like the type to cave in at all. Obviously, if it were a set-up, the professionals would know how to avoid it being detected, so it's not anything anyone could prove, probably, but I, personally, am very suspicious that something else could have happened here. Bourdain may seem harmless to us, but to someone like Putin seeing a guy mocking him on such a large platform, it is like a slap to the face. This may be more of Putin's "showing who's boss" antics. Dude's a mob boss, after all.

Having just seen "Red Sparrow" on Redbox, it doesn't take much for me to imagine Bourdain at the bar (or anywhere really) coming upon a Sparrow and so forth. Could've been someone pretending to be room service, too. Or heck, maybe he wanted to get high, and someone put too much of something on purpose. Who knows? But I am not buying this suicide thing unless a convincing explanation comes out.
                Last edited by SunSpace; 06-08-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

So sad to hear of Bourdain's death. I loved watching his shows and hearing his poignant narration. He was very creative and loved people, food, drink and travel.

Comment

You know, I was watching some old fights last night (I let boxingplay on youtube on my TV while I'm doing **** around the house) and was actually thinking about Arturo Gatti's suicide last night.

I had an immediate family member try to OD and kill themselves a few months ago. They survived. But I was just reflecting on how when Aruto or anyone else does it, the family never sees it coming. And they have a hard time accepting it because them committing suicide usually leaves the people closest to them irreparably damaged. The knee jerk reaction is that its a "selfish" move, and you don't want to think of them in that light. Chris Cornell and Chester Benington too.... both of them have family members make statements that they thought there had to be foul play involved, because the truth is so fucking harsh.

RIP Tony... was one of the baddest mother****ers walking the globe.

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                    Yeah kind of like how Arturo Gatti definitely didn't seem like the type who would give in and kill himself
                    Really?? Struggles with depression, on and off with substance abuse, history of being in toxic relationships with violence involved, etc. Seems like the type to me.

And I'm not saying that to like, diminish his character or anything, I'm just saying despite all the above I listed it was still a total ***************ing shock when he did do it. You never see it coming.
                    Last edited by paulf; 06-08-2018, 07:51 AM. Reason: Out of tow

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      RIP. First dude that introduced me to weird foods across the globe.
                      this ^^^

I thought he was one cool ass dude smh RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X