Abel Speaks on Charlo: He's The New Flavor of the Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abel Speaks on Charlo: He's The New Flavor of the Week

https://youtu.be/-QoubNBymW0

"Before Saturday they were asking me about the IBF guy. Now they're asking about him (Charlo). If Murata wins next week they'll be asking about him.." His exact quote.

He also said in order for GGG to fight 3-4 times a year then fights such as Vanes have to be made because it's "impossible" to face the top guys that many times each year.

Thoughts on these comments?

(Somebody can embed the video if you want)

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    https://youtu.be/-QoubNBymW0

"Before Saturday they were asking me about the IBF guy. Now they're asking about him (Charlo). If Murata wins next week they'll be asking about him.." His exact quote.

He also said in order for GGG to fight 3-4 times a year then fights such as Vanes have to be made because it's "impossible" to face the top guys that many times each year.

Thoughts on these comments?

(Somebody can embed the video if you want)
    I agree if you're fighting 3-4 times a year you're gonna get soft touches. But Vanes is not the type of fight I'd expect any top gut to take. Spike would be considered a soft touch. Hell, and active Vanes would be considered a soft touch.

I don't think Mall is the flavor of the week because people have been talking about that fight for a cpl months and Abel flat out said then that Mall isn't getting the GGG fight

Comment

Sanchez knows Jermall Charlo is all business in that ring!

He's like a veteran surgeon in the ring, precision, calm, cold, calculated and total control!

GGG at his age could definitely take an L!

Comment

Abel has angle for everything! Next reason to duck is uhh Gennady wants to unify!!! Then it will be: Gennadys dream has always been to move to 168 to fight the bums!!!

Comment

So Abel doesn't want G fighting Jacobs (rematch), Charlo, or Derevyanchenko. I better put my phone on silent because Abel might be calling me next.

Comment

Weaker opponents between the elites ones makes sense to me as long as the elite ones get their earned shots. Abel sucks though and it's garbage every time he talks.

Comment

Oh Abel.

I just hope that GGG vs Charlo happens within the next 12 mos cuz I think it could be a fun fight.

Comment

It's funny how predictable this all is. I mean how many remember not that long ago when Thurman and GGG were the "fight anyone everyone is scared of me" guys?

Some paydays, some schooling on the business of boxing and the realities of this short career equals Thurman and GGG have flip flopped to guys they'd have been sh^ttalking a few years back.

And this is gonna keep happening. It's what always happens more or less.

Comment

Working...
                X