No announcement yet.

Second round was proof that Silva wasn't 100% in the 1st fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second round was proof that Silva wasn't 100% in the 1st fight

The way he stuffed those takedowns was very impressive. He completely raped Sonnen mentally with that. He broke his will.

Anyway in the first fight with just about every takedown Silva was taken down with ease. He just had no strength to even try to stuff them. But TONIGHT in the second round he stuffed quite a few takedown attempts displaying great balance and strength. I know that there were other factors involved here, but the diffirence between both fights was staggering in terms of TDD.

I always knew Sonnen was not on his level and that the first was a fluke.

What?

Sonnen convincingly won the first round and was doing great standing in both rounds and was dominating on the ground.

The fight only turned when Sonnen tried something beyond his bush league striking level and FAILED miserably on his spinning backfist by stripping on himself and bouncing off the cage . That has to be one of the funnier self ownage ive seen this year.

Comment

I see you completely ignored my main argument there about Silva stuffing all of his takedowns in the second. Silva did a lot of damage standing, knocked him backwards with a hard right hand and knocked him DOWN as well(learn, sonnen nuthuggers. THAT was a real knockdown). Silva destroyed him standing at the end, he broke him mentally and backed him into a corner which is why Sonnen became so desperate to try that spinning move. And I think there's something you don't understand there too. Sonnen didn't just fal into a bad position because of himself, credit to Anderson for matrixing away from that as impressive as he did. Sonnen may not have fallen if he made any physical contact with that shot.
      All of this compared to Sonnen not even making Anderson flinch once with the shots he landed.

Comment

1st round was proof that he was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post

1st round was proof that he was.
          He got taken down while he was throwing very aggressive punches. Did you even see the second round? Where Silva was showing amazing TDD that required a lot of strength and balance along with the technique? In the 1st fight, dude was getting taken down with extreme ease and had nothing to defend against them physically. This can't be denied. Sonnen's nothing but a fluke.

Comment

All I saw in the first round was Anderson under Sonnen getting punched.

I also saw Sonnen trip over himself without anyone touching him right before he smacked headfirst into the fence.

I was a funny comedy of error though.

Comment

BKM you need to stop ass riding anderson, he was dominated in the 1st round, showing that the 1st fight was was no fluke.

Sonnen just made a dumb ass mistake in the 2nd and paid for it big time.

Comment

i think Sonnens plan was to stay on top as long as possible

he barely did any damage to Silva..he knew that he has the ability to take the guy down and thats pretty much it, he didnt even get in the compfortable position until like the last 45 seconds of the first round when sonnen finally released his leg and broke in, i cant call that domination by any means i call that winning the first round and nothing more..

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
                  BKM you need to stop ass riding anderson, he was dominated in the 1st round, showing that the 1st fight was was no fluke.

Sonnen just made a dumb ass mistake in the 2nd and paid for it big time.
                  You mean he got layed and prayed upon in the first round. Phael did zero damage, barely landed a handful of decent shots. Couldn't do anything with full mount. At the end of the round, Anderson hopped back to his corner as if he hadn't even been touched yet. As per his corner saying the awesome line "NOW we're warmed up and ready to start fighting!". Compared to the first fight where he was getting hit with hard shots and looked to be in pain after the end of every round. "dominating" what a ****ing joke.

Again, yet another butthurt Sonnen fan can't seem to grasp my point. Anderson stuffed all of Sonnen's takedowns in the second. With an injury like the first time, he could have never stuffed him repeatedly to break his will like that. Like I said, in the first fight he was taken down with ease every time. This time, we saw NCAA Anderson.

The gig is up sonnen fans. Trolling is over. Anderson executed this bum and made everybody eat their words. He will always be superior to this loser.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                    i think Sonnens plan was to stay on top as long as possible

he barely did any damage to Silva..he knew that he has the ability to take the guy down and thats pretty much it, he didnt even get in the compfortable position until like the last 45 seconds of the first round when sonnen finally released his leg and broke in, i cant call that domination by any means i call that winning the first round and nothing more..
                    Yup, he had nothing for Anderson. These Sonnen fans are so pathetic.

If Anderson beat him 10 more times in a row, the only response would be "sonnen took him down again and dominated him without doing any damage at all! it was just a mistake he made that's why he lost!"

Yeah just a mistake. When will people learn, 1 mistake is a death sentence against the Spider, and this bum out of Oregon is never ever going to beat Silva. He can win rounds but never the fight, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X