No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    I was going to mention something like that in the topic.

I watched a video on how some people don't like that England has biracial players like Sterling, Young, Dele etc. in the squad.

How big is that sentiment in England? I can't judge base on such a small sample but is that really the overarching sentiment about them?

I don't know the details but surely Ashley Young, Dele, etc. are for sure half british, half-jamaican etc. Not simply a foreigner born in England.
    Na this isn't the states.. all though some people like El Fenemeno like too make out Sterling gets stick/bullied because he's black (Rather then because he has been **** for England)

Ask pretty much any England fan who watched the games.. who were the weak players this year.. it would be Young/Sterling/Ali.. nothing to do with being biracial.. they just played badly

Most people would say Trippier (biracial) and Kane were the best players

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
      Na this isn't the states.. all though some people like El Fenemeno like too make out Sterling gets stick/bullied because he's black (Rather then because he has been **** for England)

Ask pretty much any England fan who watched the games.. who were the weak players this year.. it would be Young/Sterling/Ali.. nothing to do with being biracial.. they just played badly

Most people would say Trippier (biracial) and Kane were the best players
      Slight disagree.

Sterling's shooting was horrific, but he was ok in other departments, and far from the worst player. I'd argue Lingard was more ineffective.

Kane was also not even among our top 5. Trippier, Pickford, the back 3 all had better tournaments.

Comment

• Belgium are winning this with little to no effort.

Comment

• England look like ****. Kane missed another 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Racist mother****ers

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I was going to mention something like that in the topic.

I watched a video on how some people don't like that England has biracial players like Sterling, Young, Dele etc. in the squad.

How big is that sentiment in England? I can't judge base on such a small sample but is that really the overarching sentiment about them?

I don't know the details but surely Ashley Young, Dele, etc. are for sure half british, half-jamaican etc. Not simply a foreigner born in England.
            Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
            I saw his comments and I agree with you completely. What an insensitive little ***** he is.

Let's be honest for a minute. Absolutely no one had any expectations for this England side this year. We were all saying, no pressure, do the best you can lads and a quarter final finish would suffice.

We went past that and naturally, as you SHOULD DO, we began to dream. So the **** what? Everyone gets excited in the semi final, the final is one match away. Is it illegal to begin to dream?

This squad has zero expectations before the tournament, we all said this tournament would likely turn out to be a test trial for the next couple of tournaments. We were expecting nothing.

Then Modric turns up and says "English media said this and that". I don't know whether "it's coming home" must have contaminated his mind to the point his sanity began to wane but there was virtually nothing malicious about a song/phrase being repeated in unison to TAKE THE PISS.

Modric must be ******ed in wheeling out the usual "English media said ABC" excuse but that literally wasn't an excuse or more importantly, an incentive for the Croats to do well

Tell them man, too many ******s here thinking it's OK to be racist. A bunch of cavemen ****ers
            We in America love our black athletes, in fact if any of them ever decided to be foot fairies we'd cheer our as$ off for them to take a nice steamy dump on you guys.

Comment

• Lukaku's been exposed the last few games.

Comment

• What a damn play be Alderweireld

Comment

• Looking at this Belgium team, I wonder if this 3rd place finish in the world cup closes the door on this golden generation?
                  Their guys aren't that young, and I don't know many other young Belgium players now that look as good as this generation of players did. Guess they can make a run in 2020 euro.

Comment

• Oh look Sterling gets subbed and Englnd look decent all of a sudden

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      Looking at this Belgium team, I wonder if this 3rd place finish in the world cup closes the door on this golden generation?
                      Their guys aren't that young, and I don't know many other young Belgium players now that look as good as this generation of players did. Guess they can make a run in 2020 euro.
                      Na Lukaku.. hazard and De Bruyne aren't that old at least one more WC in them

Comment

Working...
                      X