No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Showtime" Porter Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I watched the fight again tonight and I still feel it would have went either way.

An interesting tidbit. During the second round, there was a part where you could see the commentators. Paulie was looking up and watching the fight. Bernstein and the other guy were watching their monitors only. LOL
    I need to rewatch it as well.

I have it DVR'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post

Big shots all fight but I was amazed Porter didn't go down from this
      Heck, I'm also amazed Thurman was able to stay on his feet and keep going too after those body shots he took.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
        Heck, I'm also amazed Thurman was able to stay on his feet and keep going too after those body shots he took.
        That was a monster shot!

Comment

• I saw the DVR recording and uh...I dont see what the crowd was so up in arms about. They just didn't like Thurman's defensive strategy I guess. I was okay with Thurman winning the fight. Porter was getting viciously tagged all night.

You have two kinds of judging teams. There's the trio that scores workrate. In that case, Porter would have won. Thurman lucked out and got the OTHER trio that judges on effective punching. Thurman wasn't as busy as Porter, but Thurman would pop him with counters and combos all night. Porter was getting rocked so bad that he put it in reverse for a few rounds, while Thurman became the stalker .

So I was okay with a Thurman win, or a draw to credit Porter's aggression .

Paulie, a brutal KO victim of Porter, got some cheapshots in . Calling Porter wrestler and football player .
          Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 06-29-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
            I think Porter would do better against Mayweather than Maidana did. ¨Porter's pressure is more intense and his speed, endurance and athleticism is better than Maidana's.
            negative. porter is sloppy. the whole rushing in thing his punches rarely land and when they do it doesnt seem to have any pop behind it.

Comment

• That was a great fight!

Comment

• But fight of the year? Eh...maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought a FOTY had to have at least one, preferably many, knockdowns. I'll have to go back and check the FOTYs from the past, but I'm thinking they all featured knockdowns. It was a highly competitive fight...but it lacked the true VIOLENCE to be considered for FOTY .

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
                  But fight of the year? Eh...maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought a FOTY had to have at least one, preferably many, knockdowns. I'll have to go back and check the FOTYs from the past, but I'm thinking they all featured knockdowns. It was a highly competitive fight...but it lacked the true VIOLENCE to be considered for FOTY .
                  I disagree with you here, I definitely think this warrants FOTY consideration.

Comment

Working...
                  X