No announcement yet.

MMA Legends - Fedor vs Cro Cop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA Legends - Fedor vs Cro Cop

Still to this day the biggest Heavyweight fight ever.

Anyone got a link to that remastered video of this fight I think it was? It's re-coloured and just looks great in terms of quality.

Comment

Easily Fedors greatest performance to date but his 2nd best win. Of course dominating Nog is alot more impressive.

But the way he charged at Cro Cop with reckless abandoned and shocked the hell out of prime Cro Cop who was recking everybody was priceless.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

One of the best fight I have ever seen, Im starting to really get to like mma.

Comment

Kinda takes away from Fedor's reign knowing that his two biggest wins got sparked out by Frank Mir.

Still the goat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
            Kinda takes away from Fedor's reign knowing that his two biggest wins got sparked out by Frank Mir.

Still the goat though.
            Cro Cop and Nog were past prime when they fought Mir. Fedor beat them in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by cromwel1 View Post
              One of the best fight I have ever seen, Im starting to really get to like mma.
              Agree, Fedor vs Cro Cop is one of the best fights ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Lofgren View Post
                Cro Cop and Nog were past prime when they fought Mir. Fedor beat them in their prime.
                And what would you call Mir at that point in his career?

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                  And what would you call Mir at that point in his career?
                  Big Nog fought like 37 odd fights by the time he fought Mir the first time, he was 32 (not a young 32 either, he has been in WARS) and he had an injury coming into the first fight. Mir was 29, been in 14 fights never took the punishment in the ring that Big Nog took over all the years fighting the best.

Crocop definitely did not look the same as he did years before. He was a battered 35, with like 37 fights compared with Mir who was 31 and only had 18. He couldn't even throw high leg kicks at that point, dude to the injuries he's sustained throughout his career.

I could go on, but let's not even think that those victories are comparable to if they fought back 2003-2006.

Comment

prime fedor vs prime crocop.Still my favorite HW fight of all time.

I was disgusted to see crocop getting owned against the likes of Schaub , Nelson , Mir , Gonzaga , Kongo...and yes , even Dos Santos. (even though Santos is a solid fighter).

Anyone who wants to see what Crocop is capable of against a solid wrestler , watch his 2nd & 3rd fight against Barnett.Anyone who wants to see what he's capable of against solid strikers , watch his K1 fights.

But what happened to crocop , eventually happens to all fighters..It happened to tyson against McBride , Williams , Lewis , Douglas.

It happened to Nogueira ,Wanderlei ,Shogun.. To Roy Jones , Toney..(to name a few).

You can play it smart.Carefully select your match ups once you have proven yourself (like Mayweather) to continue the "legend" status.Or you can retire in time , just like Calzaghe and Lewis..To keep the ATG aura , and not tarnish it like Holyfield or Matt Hughes or Penn. Some people don't know when to retire.

There are rare exceptions. Some people seem to have no age limit. (Couture & Hopkins come to mind). Vitali Klitschko is still capable at his age too. But sometimes , the difference can be brutal. Tyson never was the same after his loss against Douglas. Wanderlei was never the same after his loss against Hunt. (even though it was a split decision & the guy was way bigger than him). Same goes for Pacman against Bradley..

Sure , there's always major "comebacks"..(some fighters can do it)

But the psychological aspect is extremely important. Not just for you , but also for your opponents. What happened to Anderson against Weidman , will boost the confidence of his future opponents. They'll no longer look at him the same way. Just like when Fedor was subbed by Werdum..His invicibility aura is gone now. And it'll only get worse if Weidman beats him twice. Or , he can make a spectacular comeback. But the damage is done.

I believe Mirko never was the same after his loss against Emelianenko. (even though he won the 2006 gp). His loss against Randleman almost raped him. (psychologically speaking)...It was amazing that he came back from that , but what happened against Gonzaga was the final nail in the coffin of what was left of his career. The other losses were just additional humiliations that he could've avoided.. Had he been wise enough to retire in time.

Comment

Working...
                    X