No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Roach, Arum: The End of a Happy Family

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao, Roach, Arum: The End of a Happy Family

By Michael Rosenthal - Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach and Bob Arum comprised the most-enduring and successful fighter-trainer-promoter combination of their generation. Roach and Arum orchestrated Pacquiao's remarkable transition from an unknown Filipino junior featherweight in 2001 to a beloved worldwide superstar by 2008, Roach guiding him in the ring, Arum building his image and Pacquiao winning one championship fight after another. And they were tight. Roach and Pacquiao were like father and son. And Arum obviously...
    [Click Here To Read More]

fk Arum and fk Roach

they both got rich without getting punched in the face

WAR Pac !!

well, Roach copped a few but Manny always said sorry

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      fk Arum and fk Roach

they both got rich without getting punched in the face

WAR Pac !!

well, Roach copped a few but Manny always said sorry
      Asinine comment Roach can barely talk today because what he gave to the sport. I'm with you on Arum though.

Comment

Hey what is Pac gonna do? Roach should be thanking Pac, Pac for all those years gave Roach millions out of pity, and loyalty.

Roach barely trained Manny instead Roach would just talk crap saying Manny will KO his opponent

And Arum did sabotage Manny, he put him in with a big ass rough young fighter in Horn, Manny is old and lost that fight because Horn just bullied the faded fighter

Sadly Lucas will KO Manny, I dont see how Manny can win this one, if Horn roughed Manny up and Lucas hits way harder, plus Pac gassed badly after the 9th round against Horn he didnt even throw a single combo in round 10 or 11 it was like he was spent

Comment

Pac still has some tools in the shed. Not many 39 y.o. legends can say that. Arum is evil trash though. Manny just needs to stay clear of him, and fight a few more fights then retire. Matthysse has never done well vs good boxers, so Manny will win this one with a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Hey what is Pac gonna do? Roach should be thanking Pac, Pac for all those years gave Roach millions out of pity, and loyalty.

Roach barely trained Manny instead Roach would just talk crap saying Manny will KO his opponent

And Arum did sabotage Manny, he put him in with a big ass rough young fighter in Horn, Manny is old and lost that fight because Horn just bullied the faded fighter

Sadly Lucas will KO Manny, I dont see how Manny can win this one, if Horn roughed Manny up and Lucas hits way harder, plus Pac gassed badly after the 9th round against Horn he didnt even throw a single combo in round 10 or 11 it was like he was spent
            Lucas is washed if that obscure asian guy didn't take money from goldenboy this fight wouldn't even be happening. Pac is faded, but he's got way more left than Lucas.

Comment

Uhhhh Roach was a nobody before Pac came along. Roach said that himself in several interviews. While Arum made a **** ton of money because of Pac. I think the fighter deserves to do what he wants at this point, even several years ago, after what he'd done for the sport.

Comment

Arum & Roach earned more from one fighter. Pacquiao is offended.. No need to be treated like that!?!

Comment

Arum made millions off of Manny, as well as Roach, but that’s the business of boxing. But if I’m Manny, I would look at my net worth and compare it to Mayweather ‘s and Oscar’s and have a serious problem! How did a “hated and boring” fighter like Floyd make millions and millions more than a fan favorite and exciting action style fighter like Manny??? Both Floyd and Oscar were wise enough to break away from Arum during the prime of their career. Poor Manny was forced to go to Australia and fight a big young fighter on his own turf. Also because of Arum, his biggest defining legacy fight against Floyd took place well past his prime. He should have dumped Arum at least 6 years ago.

Comment

Both Arum and Roach became too accustomed to exploiting Pacquiao's good nature. Roach especially has treated Pacquiao like he's a golden retriever with no mind or voice of his own. Arum is a disgusting low life pimp and needs no explaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X