No announcement yet.

The reason Canelo is disliked by Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason Canelo is disliked by Mexicans

There has been so much BS going around that I feel someone needs to clear this up. I myself am a Mexican/American (Mexican Parents born in USA) not that it matters but I used to root for Canelo until he became a arrogant prick. In short it's not his boxing it's his mouth.

I've followed boxing for some time now and yes I was all for Canelo for sometime but something in him changed I don't know if it was the fame or money that did it but he isn't the same likeable guy he was 3-4 years ago.

I'm sure many of you have seen the way he carries himself in interviews saying things like "I've made history in this sport" witch he hasn't even come close to doing or "even though a lot of people don't like it I'm the best". It's the things he says that make a lot of us boxing fans not like him.

Most of my family didn't agree with me until right before Canelo vs JCC Jr. During the press tour on lots of Mexican aired shows in witch they appeared in, Canelo just made himself look like a complete prick so bad that at one point JCC Sr broke character to tell Canelo to stop with the BS already and to be a man. Canelo at one point bet his purse against JCC Jr than said " it doesn't matter I'm gonna make 4 times more than you."

This is what makes me hate Canelo, the fact the he believes he is a all time great when in fact he isn't. You can be a Champion and have people not like you but Canelo is hardly even that. His Resume is not impressive by any means either. If Canelo wants to be considered the greatest he has a long list to go. Forget GGG for a bit these are all boxers he could of faced by now but hasn't and I don't want to hear **** about weight cause these are mostly welterweights the division Canelo has been in for the past few years. If these names were on his resume then I'd consider it a great one.
    Errol Spence Jr
    Danny Garcia
    Kell Brooks
    Daniel Jacobs
    Shawn Porter
    Terence Crawford
    Billy Joe Saunders
    Jermal Charlo

Before all the Canelo fans start bashing me remember I did not one time mention anything about his boxing skill so if you want to make yourself look like a jackass go right ahead.
    Last edited by Southpaw_nano; 03-01-2018, 02:05 PM.

Originally posted by Southpaw_nano View Post
    Forget GGG for a bit these are all boxers he could of faced by now but hasn't and I don't want to hear **** about weight cause these are mostly welterweights the division Canelo has been in for the past few years. If these names were on his resume then I'd consider it a great one.
    Errol Spence Jr
    Danny Garcia
    Kell Brooks
    Daniel Jacobs
    Shawn Porter
    Terence Crawford
    Billy Joe Saunders
    Jermal Charlo

Before all the Canelo fans start bashing me remember I did not one time mention anything about his boxing skill so if you want to make yourself look like a jackass go right ahead.
    Hi Maxi! Still, Sergio Martinez ducked Golovkin!

Comment

He is definitely ****y and even though he matured over time he still can be petty and resort back to that. I remember when he was a young fighter that did nothing but the WBC gifted him a title shot at catchweight for the 154 title against Hatton's brother who hadn't even fought above 147 and Marquez said on the show Golpe a Golpe that he was being given special privileges which is correct but Canelo got upset and didn't take that well and starting challenging Marquez (a lightweight who's sights were set on all-time great Pacquaio) to a fight and then he missed weight for this BS catchweight title fight and they still let him fight for its title.

He's always got a little too petty like that and is very arrogant about "my era" and is a little too flash for many folks. He's become an excellent fighter after people thought he was a tv creation in Mexico. A lot of the public didn't really like him out there. Most of my friends are Mexican and the ones I watch all the fights with only really 1 or 2 are Canelo fans and I'd say 1 or 2 hate him the others are indifferent on him.

Comment

He's not a true Mexican fighter. I'm not saying that as a fan of golovkin either, I've never warmed to him even before that fight was touted. True Mexican warriors are like Marquez, Castillo, Morales, Vazquez.

Comment

Summary: Because he is a coward.

Comment

As a former fan, I can say I stopped rooting for Canelo when he dropped the title to avoid Golovkin. Generally I think the reason a lot of Mexicans dislike him is because he kinda declared himself to be the anti-Mayweather but ended up being just like him.

Comment

don'T worry boys! 154-168 ez fomi! T-shirts distributed by C0cky Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw_nano View Post
                There has been so much BS going around that I feel someone needs to clear this up. I myself am a Mexican/American (Mexican Parents born in USA) not that it matters but I used to root for Canelo until he became a arrogant prick. In short it's not his boxing it's his mouth.

I've followed boxing for some time now and yes I was all for Canelo for sometime but something in him changed I don't know if it was the fame or money that did it but he isn't the same likeable guy he was 3-4 years ago.

I'm sure many of you have seen the way he carries himself in interviews saying things like "I've made history in this sport" witch he hasn't even come close to doing or "even though a lot of people don't like it I'm the best". It's the things he says that make a lot of us boxing fans not like him.

Most of my family didn't agree with me until right before Canelo vs JCC Jr. During the press tour on lots of Mexican aired shows in witch they appeared in, Canelo just made himself look like a complete prick so bad that at one point JCC Sr broke character to tell Canelo to stop with the BS already and to be a man. Canelo at one point bet his purse against JCC Jr than said " it doesn't matter I'm gonna make 4 times more than you."

This is what makes me hate Canelo, the fact the he believes he is a all time great when in fact he isn't. You can be a Champion and have people not like you but Canelo is hardly even that. His Resume is not impressive by any means either. If Canelo wants to be considered the greatest he has a long list to go. Forget GGG for a bit these are all boxers he could of faced by now but hasn't and I don't want to hear **** about weight cause these are mostly welterweights the division Canelo has been in for the past few years. If these names were on his resume then I'd consider it a great one.
                Errol Spence Jr
                Danny Garcia
                Kell Brooks
                Daniel Jacobs
                Shawn Porter
                Terence Crawford
                Billy Joe Saunders
                Jermal Charlo

You seem to be naive to the marketing/promotional aspects of boxing.

Ali was saying he was the greatest before he achieved it and Mayweather Jr did the same thing. It's just a part of the marketing of boxers and their fights.

Comment

I have lots of mexicans friends and they way they tell is canelo acts arrogant and they don't like that. they also didn't like the whole mexicans don't fuk around and then he turned and ducked ggg.

Comment

Hi guys. I have a lot of Mexican friends too. When JCC and other Mexican HOFs said Canelo is a baddass they all forgot about what they were pretending to hate about.

Comment

Working...
                    X