No announcement yet.

Comments thread for: Pacquiao admits return to boxing is a money grab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments thread for: Pacquiao admits return to boxing is a money grab

Straight from the horses mouth himself. Even in the website address it's listed as "just sad."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ma...201340898.html

I hate seeing athletes go through this, even the ones I do not like. Hopefully, his family isn't taking advantage of him like the way Trent Richardson discussed on E:60 recently.

The only thin I do laugh at is the fact that one of the things certain posters said about Floyd is he would go broke and be forced to fight to earn money like this.

Comment

Big Pac supporter here but I won't be buying this PPV. I can't support a half azz money grabbing fight when Crawford was there for the choosing!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I hate seeing athletes go through this, even the ones I do not like. Hopefully, his family isn't taking advantage of him like the way Trent Richardson discussed on E:60 recently.

The only thin I do laugh at is the fact that one of the things certain posters said about Floyd is he would go broke and be forced to fight to earn money like this.
        I mean, it is what it is. Definitely sad considering the gross amount of money he has produced. But certain posters were passing this off as a marquee fight. It's Manny coming back against someone that will make him look good so he can resume boxing and providing income. Which is also okay.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          I mean, it is what it is. Definitely sad considering the gross amount of money he has produced. But certain posters were passing this off as a marquee fight. It's Manny coming back against someone that will make him look good so he can resume boxing and providing income. Which is also okay.
          Agreed. If Manny and MP promotions align themselves with Schaeffer, Haymon and/or Floyd he will (assuming he beats Vargas) get fights with Broner and Floyd he could make good money and be able to retire.

Comment

its his main source of income, what's wrong with that?

Comment

It's crazy how he was just in the highest grossing fight in boxing history just over a year ago and he is allready taking money grab fights like this. Man this is crazy.

Comment

ma asian bruva is on that money train, aint nothin wrong wit that

Comment

He made 20 million earlier this year, and made over 100 million last year, does he gamble or something???

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                    its his main source of income, what's wrong with that?
                    There's nothing wrong with it. As long as we're all on the same page that the fight is nothing more than an easy money grab and easy fight. Almost 0 percent chance of losing this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X