Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Brothers who Have Fought Each Other In The Ring........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List Brothers who Have Fought Each Other In The Ring........

Has this ever happened?

How many brothers in history fought each other in the ring?

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
    Has this ever happened?

How many brothers in history fought each other in the ring?

I can't think of any who fought in a sanctioned fight, but I know Terry and Orlin Norris use to brutalize each other when Sparring together.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I can't think of any who fought in a sanctioned fight, but I know Terry and Orlin Norris use to brutalize each other when Sparring together.
      Interesting, though I'm still not satisfied.

So this has never happened ever? In history?

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
        Interesting, though I'm still not satisfied.

So this has never happened ever? In history?
        Kosuo Eguchi ko'd his brother Katsuaki in 6 rounds and Marty Jakubowski tko'd his brother Eric in 3.

Comment

Kosuo Eguchi ko'd his brother Katsuaki in 6 rounds and Marty Jakubowski tko'd his brother Eric in 3.
          Is there any footage of either bout?

Comment

It's a funny thing. I remember some of my most brutal fights being with my brothers where we would hammer the hell out of each other while training, and I remember being hurt and hurting them worse than many of the guys I fought as an am, yet I would never fight one of them for real.

There is a different attitude completely when you are in the ring properly. You are in there to inflict serious hurt...as much as you can. While family fights can get brutal, it is still different. Hell, me and my dad (he was my trainer and an Australian amateur champ) used to beat the hell out of each other too....though I always knew he held back a lot but I certainly didn't. At that age your dad is indestructible...so I didn't realise that I was able to hurt him sometimes.

Anyway, the point being that I simple cannot fathom fighting one of my brothers in a real fight. It's just weird and we grew up in a fighting family.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              It's a funny thing. I remember some of my most brutal fights being with my brothers where we would hammer the hell out of each other while training, and I remember being hurt and hurting them worse than many of the guys I fought as an am, yet I would never fight one of them for real.

There is a different attitude completely when you are in the ring properly. You are in there to inflict serious hurt...as much as you can. While family fights can get brutal, it is still different. Hell, me and my dad (he was my trainer and an Australian amateur champ) used to beat the hell out of each other too....though I always knew he held back a lot but I certainly didn't. At that age your dad is indestructible...so I didn't realise that I was able to hurt him sometimes.

Anyway, the point being that I simple cannot fathom fighting one of my brothers in a real fight. It's just weird and we grew up in a fighting family.
              Pretty much how I feel about it mate.

Imagine 2 pro bros fight and the worst happens?

I doubt, any sane Parent would even let that **** fly.

Comment

Sorry to bump an old topic, however the Eguchi fight was televised in Japan recently on a re-showing, sadly it was on pay TV and I din't get the chance to see it

Comment

I heard Marciano fought one of his brothers as an amateur on Boxing's Best. He said his brother used a different name but when they came out to fight the fans knew they were related.

Comment

Man there is quite a difference in size between those two.

Comment

Working...
                    X