Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Juan Manual Marquez - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    If Marquez lands cleanly he'll probably get Cotto's respect, and he'd land much more in general against Cotto than against Mayweather.
    c'mon! jmm ain't no WW

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
      Mayweather deteriorate JMM? did you see the fight? FLoyd didnt hurt JMM. Manny hurt JMM in their second fight.
      True, what I mean is that it was his first time at that weight against one of the best at the weight. It could have worn him down more than expected because he didn't take time to adjust to the weight with some tune ups. But I agree Manny did land more damaging shots during their fights.
      Last edited by BoxCleva; 10-30-2009, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        c'mon! jmm ain't no WW
        True.. I think Cotto wins the fight, but what I'm saying is that Marquez would probably land much more against Cotto than he did against Mayweather.. He would probably have a better chance because of Cotto's reduced speed.

Comment

Two similiar fighters, but two different weight classes.

I say their about egual. Marquez is at his best around 125 to 135 while Cotto is at his best around 142 to 149. I say Marquez has a chance to beat him at 135, but at 140 its too much.

None of them can really beat the other in their natural weight.

Comment

JMM cant fight above 135. and his best weight i believe is 130. in 135 he was losing both fights until he KO's both casamayor and Diaz. he is technically a world class fighter but putting more weights make him look slow and powerless.

Comment

he aint knocking jmm out tho...........

Comment

145, cotto by brutal KO and it'll be nasty. just for the record, i do like marquez. move it down to a 140-142 and we could have a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_tC View Post
                  145, cotto by brutal KO and it'll be nasty. just for the record, i do like marquez. move it down to a 140-142 and we could have a competitive fight.

If JMM was a natural WW, Cotto would have to watch out!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                    True.. I think Cotto wins the fight, but what I'm saying is that Marquez would probably land much more against Cotto than he did against Mayweather.. He would probably have a better chance because of Cotto's reduced speed.
                    cause cotto ain't little ***** and would finish jmm off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      cause cotto ain't little ***** and would finish jmm off.
                      Maybe he would, he's got the power to do it but Mayweather said a few times he tried to KO Marquez but couldn't do it. Marquez never been KO'd in 56 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X