Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence - CompuBox Head To Head Analysis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    Go watch some more Spence if you think he's coming in with just Power

Especially from 5:20 on.. the movement and variation of Punches Spence was showing.
    Spence has got plenty of skill but people will always prescribe into the lazy narrative that defensive=skilled and offensive = athletic, powerful

Comment

No man it was the body shots that lead up to it. You keep the body shots which wear the body

Comment

I think stats can be thrown out the window with elite fighters. They are elite because they make the proper adjustments during the fight. It’s Crawford who makes the more noticeable adjustments in his fights. So far, Spence’s plan A usually works for him. But there were times during the Peterson fight I saw him use great foot work, so is is far from being a plodding flat footed fighter. If this rivalry turns out to be a trilogy, I can envision Crawford winning a close split decision in their first fight. But because of Spence’s size and other attributes, I see him winning two of 3 fights. Crawford has the skill, but does he have the punching power and natural strength to keep a big and powerful welterweight off of him for 12 rounds??? Hopefully we will soon see. No matter the outcome, we will witness greatness. Both fighters will force each other to go to another level. It’s a win win for both fighters and the fans!

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post

Spence will run into counters all night. He can only fight one way. This isn't a weight drained Brook he'll be fighting.
          You sound like a *****ing idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
            You sound like a *****ing idiot.

says the fkn idiot who insisted that Canelo would NEVER fight Golovkin

who happens to be the exact same idiot who - after being proven wrong when Canelo signed that fight - insisted that Golovkin would walk through Canelo

when have you ever been right ?
            Last edited by aboutfkntime; 10-16-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Spence gets hit more than Crawford, but we already knew that.
              Exactly!! Spence does get hit a little too often. He better fix that before going up to '54

Comment

Crawford has a tendency to leave himself wide open for counters and swings wildly at times and will gamble every now and then by leaping in. And Spence is economical with his punches and rarely wastes them. But Spence is there to be hit, doesn't use too much movement. Spence likes to use his size to get inside and doesn't seem to mind getting hit just to land a shot of his own. With that said I think Spence will use his size to wear Crawford down like Hurd did to Lara except I see a stoppage.

Comment

Spence gets hit more than Crawford, but we already knew that.
                  Spence fought better guys like Brook and Peterson at welterweight too, but we already knew that.

Comment

Spence will run into counters all night. He can only fight one way. This isn't a weight drained Brook he'll be fighting.
                    Inactive and blown up Gamboa made Crawford do the bootydew while at a massive size disadvantage ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      they all said that Golovkin would walk through Canelo

I said that Golovkin will keep them hands at home when he realizes how sharp Canelo is

the same thing will happen to Spence

I definitely expect his output to drop with Crawford

NOT saying that Crawford will win..... saying that those compu-stats will be meaningless when those guys get in the ring

it will come down to how their styles mesh
                      The only reason I disagree with your comparison is we already saw Golovkin fight tentative against Jacobs and Lemieux to a lesser extent. We also saw him hesitate against C-level fighters whenever he got hit flush. Ironically, Crawford tend to fight hesistant against bigger fighters like he did against Postol and Benavidez on Saturday. Indongo was just too damn slow to give him any problems. We've seen Spence walk through hard hitters like Brook and Peterson. Lets not forget Peterson walked Garcia down several times in their fight. Spence was unfazed by Peterson and he landed some nice body shots himself. Don't get me wrong Crawford would probably have the most success but if he gets behind I don't know if he could pull out a stoppage against Spence like he did against Benavidez.

Comment

Working...
                      X