Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn speaks of PBC deals, announcing the signing of "top 5 p4p" fighter tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just said Showtime has a 40 million budget. This man is always lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Whos going to sign with Golden Boy if they see that as a long term strategy though? Other promoters having $100mil budgets, Golden Boy having Facebook, Canelo undercards, and 2 or 3 other HBO cards.
      Who says it can't be the long term plan? This sh^t is all super influx right now. DAZN being a thing at all proves that. There are different roads to getting to the same place, profitablity, I'd argue.

Thats not to say I think GBP's FB thing turns into some crazy money type deal, but thats also not saying it won't or that them showing guys on there doesn't parlay itself into a more profitablity venture in the future.

Its not as simple as you are making it out to be where money today wins tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        I’m talking about just Boxing though. Will it be considered a success for Boxing if other things are a lot more popular on the app? I guess time will tell though with this. I just wish they could have just left well enough alone. There’s already HBO, ESPN+, Showtime doing fights, no one wants to keep paying for extra stuff. For instance a lot of people cutting their cord on cable will be screwed over anyway eventually since everyone wants to create their own app now. Disney taking off all their stuff from Netflix & having their own app & Amazon charging more for prime. It just ruins everything when they keep charging more or adding more services.
        The build up of paid apps & platform services is becoming a thing I 100% agree with you there. And there is gonna be a battle with that sooner rather than later cuz sh^t is always moving forward even if its not as fast as we want it to be moving.

As to the specific point, is it a win for boxing, thats years away from knowing for sure I feel like. Its a win for boxers today thats for sure with all the money coming into the sport. Then again its not like something like a sport can ever win or lose long term. Its like a stock where there are highs & lows. And right now it feels like a really good high that we are at, but 6mos into DAZN's run it might look differently obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
          Bellator is pretty much a washed up league that nobody cares about. DAZN US needs to be successful ASAP in order for it to thrive in the US. I'm sure it will be successful outside the US though. DAZN US isn't getting any tv rights to any of the major sports anytime soon, they're pretty much tied till 2022. The only thing they might have a chance of getting is a Thursday night NFL game like Amazon Prime gets buts that about it. Netflix, Spotify and Prime are apps that people use everyday at anytime of the day. I use those pretty daily. I subscribed to ESPN+ for the free trial in June and forgot to cancel, guess what, I haven't used it since, there's nothing on ESPN+ that makes me want to open it up on a daily bases.
          Yeah but that's why i said it'll take time, maybe years.

I think at some point in the not too distant future, something alone these lines will wake over the way sport is viewed. It might not even be DAZN but something will. watching actual TV will be almost archaic among generations coming through.

Then again, maybe all broadcasters will just go down the route of subscription streaming for sports, so they don't get left behind.

My main point was that DAZN or something similar has a real chance at being huge
          Last edited by TheBigLug; 09-06-2018, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Wonder who it is. Hearn needs a big signing to DAZN
            Seems like Usyk is the obvious favorite. His name is even on the video title. But I guess it could be SSR or Mikey. I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to suggest anyone else could be the #1 guy P4P & without question a top 5 guy (& it might be a stretch to say that about SSR, but I do have a bit of a lil guy bias admittedly).

Then again its not like promoters don't over embellish things so who's to say this guy has a real argument for being #1 or without question a top 5 guy?

Definitely not Loma, Bud or GGG thats a safe bet lol.

Comment

This guy comparing Netflix and Prime to DAZN is pretty stupid. Netflix and Prime are apps that people can watch at anytime of day. They provide way more content that targets different peoples tastes. What does DAZN US provide subscribers when there's no boxing to watch? People can turn on Netflix and Prime at anytime to watch something. What will a subscriber get to watch on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening that will interest him that isn't boxing?

They will have documentaries, sporting shows, full cards, etc. It's not just live boxing/MMA then nothing.

Comment

NFLs TNF renewed its deal with Amazon till 2019. DAZN might have a chance after 2019, but 1 NFL game a week isn't enough.
                Of course, but just saying the different NFL digital rights up for grabs. They need a major sport league period. Boxing/MMA are niche sports and DAZN will be a colossal failure relying just on those two sports. Obviously that isn't the plan but let's see what happens in a few years. They got John Skipper to close the deal on these types of things.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                  He just said Showtime has a 40 million budget. This man is always lying.
                  Definitely wrong there. Then said FOX deal is 50 million or something on the fighthype interview.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Of course, but just saying the different NFL digital rights up for grabs. They need a major sport league period. Boxing/MMA are niche sports and DAZN will be a colossal failure relying just on those two sports. Obviously that isn't the plan but let's see what happens in a few years. They got John Skipper to close the deal on these types of things.
                    The better question I want answers about are what benchmark does eddie hearn have to hit in order to have his contract expanded 6 more years

Comment

im assuming fox and showtime both have elevator type deals where the minimum is 50 or 60 million. Wheres wbc wba ibf when you need him

Comment

Working...
                      X