Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy "The Hit Man" Hearns vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close fight could go either way mayweather is really good on the inside hearns not so good on the inside, hearns would merk floyd on the outside though so if floyd fought in the pocket for most of the fight is winnable but this is a bad match up for floyd because hearns was a bad dude at 147. For all who haven't seen his fights you should check em out. he was dismantling hagler until he goofed his life away lol. and of course floyd is in his fourth division at welter. BTW hearns would whoop that ass on paul williams.

Comment

Originally posted by King22 View Post
      Floyd will whoop Tommy Hearns ass just like he did Diego Corrales

I mean Hearns did have a poweful right hand but thats all he had and he had no chin

and with Floyd being such a defensive fighter Hearns wouldn't be alble to land a clean shot with a lot power behind it

so i think Floyd will outbox him early and stop him late i mean Tommy does havs a puncher's chance but against a great defensive fighter like Floyd Mayweather that chance is very slim
      All hearns had was power and a right hand?? WOW Hearns right hand is legendary and he had a hell of a jab and did great body work.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.LARRYX View Post
        tommy hearns was a beast...floyd would have to bring his a+game and stay in the pocket..cause if he tried to fight at a distance he'd be right at the end of tommys right hand and that spells disaster..he'd have to stay in tommys chest and try to rip combos to his body and head...this would be a classic fight..these type of fights make legends
        Larry,when has floyd ever done that at 147??

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
        its sad that floyds greatest fight @ ww was againts baldomir lolz
        & to u homey,just in case u didn't know,Hearns ko's Manny at welterweight too!!

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
          When was he knocked out by someone with comparable power to Floyd?
          man if Hearns get clipped with a punch he doesn't see he will get rocked

Comment

man if Hearns get clipped with a punch he doesn't see he will get rocked
            It would be much much easier for Hearns to handle Floyds power than it would be the other way around. I'm not going to count Hearns getting KO'd by MWs as proof Floyd could hurt him.

Comment

i aint tryna compare Corrales to Hearns im just saying thats what the fight would like

look man Tommy Hearns was great no doubt im saying not that but i know the boy didn't have a chin he got 5 losses and 4 by knockout

I just see Floyd outboxing him Tommy getting rocked late and the fight and being stopped
              Floyd's style wouldn't work well against Hearns. The people that beat him outfought him. Leonard tried Boxing him early but Tommy used his reach and was hitting Leonard with some solid shots (to Leonard's credit he had a hell of a chin). Tommy got worn down from 15 rounds of non stop punching from both sides. Fighting at that pace isn't Floyd's forte (at least at WW) and with Hearns you had to be active to keep him off of you.

As far as Hearns' chin, it wasn't so much that it was weak, he simply fought hard punchers. Both Leonard and Hagler when they both fought him were know to be hard punchers (more so Hagler). Floyd at WW hasn't really shown that he can let go and also adding the fact that Floyd's had issues with his hands, Im not sure his punches would have any real effect on Tommy.

Good fight, but I think it's a risk Floyd wouldn't take.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                All hearns had was power and a right hand?? WOW Hearns right hand is legendary and he had a hell of a jab and did great body work.

you tryna school me i know about boxing i know who Tommy Hearns is I seen him fight before i dont need no video

he was good fighter no doubt he had a great jab but his right was his major weapon if that didn't work than Tommy was in trouble

and he kept he left hand to low Floyd straight right hand would come over that all day

Comment

you tryna school me i know about boxing i know who Tommy Hearns is a I seen him fight before i dont need no video

he was good fighter no doubt he had a great jab but his right was his major weapon if that didn't work than Tommy was in trouble

and he kept he left hand to low Floyd straight right hand would come right over that
                  His jab had more to do with him winning the fight against SRL than his right hand.

Comment

It would be much much easier for Hearns to handle Floyds power than it would be the other way around. I'm not going to count Hearns getting KO'd by MWs as proof Floyd could hurt him.
                    thats true and a good point but remember this is just my opioion

Comment

His jab had more to do with him winning the fight against SRL than his right hand.
                      you talking about one fight

Comment

Working...
                      X