No announcement yet.

The truth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth

nothing is as impressive looking as a good shadowboxer, because they are showing true mastery of thier body. as for relaxing and staying calm in the ring or working out the key is not to "THINK" about it and like the nike expression says "JUST DO IT". if i would of thought about all of people i have fought before i fought them i would have been afraid and i would not have boxed. never say to your self stay calm because then you are trying and then you can fail, you know what it feels like when you are relaxed so just make your body feel that way. i know it sounds like im not answering the question but when you think about what i said you will understand with time and pratice that that IS THE ONLY TRUTH. the key is to hit you opponent as FAST as you can, not hard but fast and then you will unleash you true power, the reason people telagraph thier punches is because they are thinking about the punch and then tense up to try to throw that punch, but just like a master once said "i dont hit, it hits all by its self". never worry about what your opponent can do, just KNOW what you can do and the only way you can know that is to master you body thru shadowboxing. your shadow is the perfect opponent it never gets tired, you cant hurt it, it cant hurt you, its ALWAYS there and its ALWAYS ready to go some rounds, so it is impossible not to get better

True spoken! Just Do It ! Reflects on discipline I think. If you got discipline, you JUST DO IT~!

Comment

Even though at times I get annoyed at you posting your record all over the place, I LOVE reading your posts because they are very informative. Thanks.

Comment

i love your post dc. youve helped me get through alot by the simple word you pmmed me ''make it look easy'' im glad you took time out to help explain it to me even though i was probably bugging you i havent finished reading the whole thing yet but im have a huge problem with my balance now. and my weight is becoming a issue. i need help with that . and calming my nerves before i actually get in the rings. im better once the fight starts but im tense and butterfly filled before it starts. what can i do to calm that?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
          i love your post dc. youve helped me get through alot by the simple word you pmmed me ''make it look easy'' im glad you took time out to help explain it to me even though i was probably bugging you i havent finished reading the whole thing yet but im have a huge problem with my balance now. and my weight is becoming a issue. i need help with that . and calming my nerves before i actually get in the rings. im better once the fight starts but im tense and butterfly filled before it starts. what can i do to calm that?
          thank you my friend, and you are not bugging me at all. actually you honour me by saying my words helped you. now for your question. you are thinking to much of things that have not happened yet, and that is making you nervous. it is impossable to tell the future and i find when most people get in the ring they have aready gone through a million different things that might happen when they get in the ring. just center your thoughts on yourself and what and how you do things and never worry about the outcome and that will free your mind. i found out all of this stuff thru blood, sweat, and tears, many fights and alot of pain, but that is the only way to true enlightenment

Comment

You are the truth, man. Thanks again.

I'm from Mexico too and i know many cubans here, judo trainers, boxing trainers, wrestling trainers etc, anyway, most of them are trainers. Are you one of these trainers that are hired by some state and get paid really good by the government??

In what gym do you train ? I know u said you don't want to talk about you, but I have a lot of friends in Mexico City that are boxers and just wanted to know if they train in the same gym as you.

Thanks again for this great thread

Comment

Originally posted by estbn View Post
              You are the truth, man. Thanks again.

I'm from Mexico too and i know many cubans here, judo trainers, boxing trainers, wrestling trainers etc, anyway, most of them are trainers. Are you one of these trainers that are hired by some state and get paid really good by the government??

In what gym do you train ? I know u said you don't want to talk about you, but I have a lot of friends in Mexico City that are boxers and just wanted to know if they train in the same gym as you.

Thanks again for this great thread
              gracias mi hermano, i dont work for the gov i work for Ring Telmex. Telmex with the WBC are supporting 20 mexican boxers and i am one of the trainers. the gym i go to sometimes is Gimnasio Nuevo Jordan in Col. Centro. that is where i took the pic in my av

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
                nothing is as impressive looking as a good shadowboxer, because they are showing true mastery of thier body. as for relaxing and staying calm in the ring or working out the key is not to "THINK" about it and like the nike expression says "JUST DO IT". if i would of thought about all of people i have fought before i fought them i would have been afraid and i would not have boxed. never say to your self stay calm because then you are trying and then you can fail, you know what it feels like when you are relaxed so just make your body feel that way. i know it sounds like im not answering the question but when you think about what i said you will understand with time and pratice that that IS THE ONLY TRUTH. the key is to hit you opponent as FAST as you can, not hard but fast and then you will unleash you true power, the reason people telagraph thier punches is because they are thinking about the punch and then tense up to try to throw that punch, but just like a master once said "i dont hit, it hits all by its self". never worry about what your opponent can do, just KNOW what you can do and the only way you can know that is to master you body thru shadowboxing. your shadow is the perfect opponent it never gets tired, you cant hurt it, it cant hurt you, its ALWAYS there and its ALWAYS ready to go some rounds, so it is impossible not to get better

The only thing "impressive looking shadowboxers" have mastery over is creating the appearance of impressiveness. I've seen lots of them who couldn't do **** against a real opponent. The proper function of shadowboxing is to recreate the drills one would ordinarily to with a trainer or training partner. Shadowboxing does not require full and complete movements in pursuit of good technique because the emphasis should be on disciplining the mind, and developing the correct instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                  The only thing "impressive looking shadowboxers" have mastery over is creating the appearance of impressiveness. I've seen lots of them who couldn't do **** against a real opponent. The proper function of shadowboxing is to recreate the drills one would ordinarily to with a trainer or training partner. Shadowboxing does not require full and complete movements in pursuit of good technique because the emphasis should be on disciplining the mind, and developing the correct instincts.
                  I agree, for reflects of just looking at a punch and countering with something you have to practice drills so it comes natural and you throw at the right distance, not sure if champ refers to that as shadowboxing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    i am talking about mastering your body that is all, ablility means to be able to, not that you can. so really your talking about something compleatly different. fighting is mostly mental and i disagree you cannot develop instincts you have them or you dont, and dicipline is something you have to find for yourself. and the proper use of shadowboxing is to master your body through muscel memory. the only way you learn how to fight is to fight and that truth will never change. and a good shadowboxer is showing mastery of thier body, whether they can do anything with that abillity is something compleatlly different

Comment

Working...
                    X