Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook vs Spence - Pad work. Who looks best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what are the odds in this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I agree. but it still shows us something about their technique and speed.
      Like stated earlier it looked more like Kell is going to try to outbox from the outside and move around, while Spence is hitting the pads as someone looking to apply pressure and land power.

Comment

I agree. but it still shows us something about their technique and speed.
        not really...people work each differently and for different reasons

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          They both look very sharp. I can't wait for this fight man,the winner becomes either #1 or #2 at 147 imo.
          Thurman is #1 at 147 right now. Actually, there isnt a clear #1 but the winner should fight Thurman and that will determine #1 at 147 imo

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
            Like stated earlier it looked more like Kell is going to try to outbox from the outside and move around, while Spence is hitting the pads as someone looking to apply pressure and land power.
            Brook's technique looks far superior.

Comment

Brook's technique looks far superior.
              It's hard to say, you got different looks from Spence. Brook in the recent instagram video was throwing very similar looks over and over while moving. I do favor spence in this fight btw, make no mistake....but from what I've seen from both I'm putting it 55/45.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                It looked that way but its also worth noting that their fight strategies are different... Brook is clearly working on a stick and move strategy and so needs to work on being quick and fluid, Spence is working on a pressuring strategy... Its clear from his pad work that they are working on his power shots while being in position and planted.

All in all its great to see both guys looking good, Next weekend needs to get here already!!
                Excellent post!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  not really...people work each differently and for different reasons
                  ^this.

I remember someone on the forum here posting up a vid of Brook "smashing" the pads with lightning speed and thunderous strength before the Golovkin fight. All that brilliant pad work didn't stop the guy from suffering a brutal defeat and getting a GD titanium plate installed in his face to hold it together.

Comment

Brook looks considerably more fluid and refined but I rate Spence extremely highly and have done for a while. I think Brook beats everyone at Welter but sadly not Spence. Styles make fights and I think Errol is gonna beat him down at points and win a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                      It's hard to say, you got different looks from Spence. Brook in the recent instagram video was throwing very similar looks over and over while moving. I do favor spence in this fight btw, make no mistake....but from what I've seen from both I'm putting it 55/45.
                      Spence is a good fighter, but Brook is better in every department more or less.

Comment

Working...
                      X