Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pocket Dogs! View Post
    From Fat Dan (http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/...ks-get-messy):

"But the sides apparently aren't getting anywhere in the negotiations. Gilberto Mendoza Jr., president of the WBA, told ESPN.com that there has been discussion by the Jacobs side of a possible interim bout before facing Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs), although Golovkin does not want an interim fight. He wants to do the mandatory fight with Jacobs (32-1, 29 KOs) as soon as possible, especially because it is such an attractive fight."

"Typically, a mandatory fight between a "super champion" (Golovkin in this case) and a "regular champion" (Jacobs) is a 75-25 split in the event of a purse bid with the lion's share going to the "super champion."

However, Mendoza said that Jacobs is seeking a 60-40 split (in GGG's favor).

"It has changed in some cases but usually they are not changed," Mendoza said."
    So if this is true, does that mean Jacobs is seeking a fight with the WBA interim champion? Is Eubank jr still recognised as WBA interim champion? Now I see why they are reducing the number of champions back to 1, it's so confusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Check out this well known ******.

""The best scenario is that the fight doesn't happen" !!

Yep. Thats what he said. Hate doesnt get any purer than this.

yep, and I will say it again.....

Fk the hypejob's and protected network darlings, they do nothing but cause problems, so they deserve nothing

and lets face it..... that hypejob lil'G will not trouble the historians, so why should he fk things up at middleweight because of his inflated ego and diva approach?

the best thing for boxing is for protected over-hyped fighters to get KTFO, failing that...... exposed.

nobody can deny that

your only counter, would be that lil'G is not a protected hypejob

well, what the fk has he done EVER ?

this is his legacy right here.....
      * he beat Murray
      * he beat Pepe Le Pew
      * he could have fought Ward, but he chose not to
      * he could have fought Mora, but he chose not to
      * he could have fought Lara, but he chose not to
      * he could have fought Cotto, but he chose not to
      * he could have fought Canelo, but he chose not to
      and it looks like.....
      * he could have fought Jacobs, but he chose not to
      * he could have fought Saunders, but he chose not to

the guy who owns the legacy detailed above, should not have walked away from 10mil + HUGE exposure to fight a lil ugly red kid

just saying.....

Comment

• Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
        Does anyone find it strange that GGG's team are playing hardball when they are usually the ones making concessions? 75-25 is probably about fair considering GGG has 3 legitimate belts and Jacobs has no other big fights on the horizon, but if GGG isn't willing to make the fight at 70-30 who does he face? Both need this fight and both should be willing to make some concessions but I find it strange that the team that usually makes concessions to get fights is suddenly unwilling to offer anything above the mandated minimum percentage.

Perhaps it's that GGG's team finally fear that they have something to lose unlike when they are facing basically any other middleweight. I see this as being both teams fault if they don't finalize this deal.

omg SMH

name 1 concession that Team Bull**** made EVER ?

take your time

..... or were you talking ****, again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          yep, and I will say it again.....

Fk the hypejob's and protected network darlings, they do nothing but cause problems, so they deserve nothing

and lets face it..... that hypejob lil'G will not trouble the historians, so why should he fk things up at middleweight because of his inflated ego and diva approach?

the best thing for boxing is for protected over-hyped fighters to get KTFO, failing that...... exposed.

nobody can deny that

your only counter, would be that lil'G is not a protected hypejob

well, what the fk has he done EVER ?

* he beat Murray
          * he beat Pepe Le Pew
          and it looks like.....

the guy who owns the legacy detailed above, should not have walked away from 10mil + HUGE exposure to fight a lil ugly red kid

just saying.....

you wanted the Jacobs fight and now you are talking s h i t?

your logic is nothing but an illusion

Comment

omg SMH

name 1 concession that Team Bull**** made EVER ?

take your time

..... or were you talking ****, again ?
            I don't know what you mean by again but that's your opinion.

If you look at the Kell Brook fight, the deal Brook signed would have been for Eubank. So in effect a guy not ranked higher than #2 at middleweight would have taken home more money than a guy coming to his backyard to defend his 3 belts when he was not mandated to do so. You could argue that Golovkin wouldn't have made that money elsewhere but I think they made that deal because they probably felt Eubank was fairly easy work. When you look at these negotiations, why is there such a hold up? I can only assume that they fear that the belts are much more at risk this time against a solid opponent.

Comment

• I would just about bet my life that Team Bull**** will fail to negotiate in good faith with Team Jacobs, resulting in the purse-bid extension expiring.

we are in for the long haul

thanks Team Bull****, really SMFH

thanks for all of your contributions to boxing LMAO

Comment

another ****head who doesn't want the fight
                I don't understand these fans.

They have to be some of the oddest boxing fans I've ever seen that genuinely would prefer to talk numbers than to see a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                  you wanted the Jacobs fight and now you are talking s h i t?

your logic is nothing but an illusion

let's find out, shall we..... ?

in your honest opinion, using 3 words, or less (let's keep it simple) describe the legacy mentioned below - e.g. Mayweather = phenomenal, Pacquiao = truly outstanding, etc

* he beat Murray
                  * he beat Pepe Le Pew
                  and it looks like.....

I will have a try also, my description is.....

underwhelming, disappointing, under-achiever

your turn ^^

Comment

let's find out, shall we..... ?

in your honest opinion, using 3 words, or less (let's keep it simple) describe the legacy mentioned below - e.g. Mayweather = phenomenal, Pacquiao = truly outstanding, etc

I will have a try also, my description is.....

underwhelming, disappointing, under-achiever

your turn ^^

Nah his legacy will look like this:

Wins over:

Pepe La Pew
                    Willie Monroe Jr
                    Kasim Ouma
                    Kell Brook
                    Dominic Wade

Sparring victories over:

Kovalev
                    Gassiev
                    A few HW's and CW's

Yes, we'll have to start counting sparring victories as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                      I don't know what you mean by again but that's your opinion.

If you look at the Kell Brook fight, the deal Brook signed would have been for Eubank. So in effect a guy not ranked higher than #2 at middleweight would have taken home more money than a guy coming to his backyard to defend his 3 belts when he was not mandated to do so. You could argue that Golovkin wouldn't have made that money elsewhere but I think they made that deal because they probably felt Eubank was fairly easy work.

but, that is exactly what I have been saying..... EXACTLY

the Brook fight took " 2 minutes " to make, because Team Golovkin were willing to split the pot fairly with Hearn..... and the reason why they were willing to split the pot fairly with Hearn, is because they actually wanted that fight, it was THEIR FIRST CHOICE..... but with Jacobs, oh no..... we gotta play hardball and go to purse bid LMAO

It looks to me like Golovkin would prefer to fight yet another no-hoper for 2mil, and Jacobs is down the list, if at all.

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
                      When you look at these negotiations, why is there such a hold up? I can only assume that they fear that the belts are much more at risk this time against a solid opponent.

no idea why they don't just fight the man, like they did with Brook

but it is hard to imagine that the guy who passed up 10mil to fight Canelo is going to lift his little finger to fight Danny Jacobs

when something happens once, it can be a coincidence..... when something happens twice, that is a pattern..... when something happens 3 times or more, that is a gameplan..... Team Golovkin are incapable of putting Gennady in harms way, because they have no intention of ever doing so

surely they could have landed him a meaningful fight by now ?

how the fk could Mr AnyoneFrom154-168 totally refuse to negotiate with lil old 153lb Cotto, who happened to be the best possible payday on the planet?

people are ridiculous for continuing to buy into that rubbish

it has become childishly obvious

Comment

Working...
                      X