Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol: Kovalev Will Have a Tougher Time With Ward in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bivol: Kovalev Will Have a Tougher Time With Ward in Rematch

Dmitry Bivol's allegiance lies with Sergey Kovalev. They're both from the former Soviet Union Bivol from Kyrgyzstan, Kovalev from Russia. Though they don't know each other well, Bivol and Kovalev also have several mutual friends.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ward paid him to say this!!! (****** russian logic)

Comment

Says he tends to be wrong on his predictions,and predicts kovalev to have a harder time in the second fight...so kovalev by ko?

Comment

Yea, makes NO sense being in the ring with someone, adapting and making a closer fight.
        Anyone claiming it makes sense in a rematch that Ward could of learned something about Kovalev and adapt & train for a smarter fight. Yea, ridiculous.
        Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

they both have a lot to work on. I don't agree that the last 6 rounds were 3-3. I thought ward clearly won the second half of the fight. not arguing who should have won the fight. but I think kovalev won 2 rounds of the last 6 and that's being generous.

the work rate in the rounds was pretty low. so either kovalev having better condiitioning. or ward figuring out kovalev will play a factor. Did ward actually figure out kovalev? a lot of that was Kovalev tiring and bad inside work. I don't know why but I see kovalev doing MORE in round 1-4 than he did in the first fight then having not so much left.

Comment

Bivol is right, rematch will be an ugly clinch-a-thon.

Comment

This is what Ward always does lounges in close to clich and wait for ref to break so he can throw punch. This is not boxing. More like wrestling, no wonder Kovalev gassed by 5th round with this guy he smotheres people and catches them on the de-clinch, eghhrrrr

Comment

Funny! I totally disagree. Ward is as good as he can be. Kov is still getting better. KO by Kov. I'd like to say before the seventh. Ward is the typical boxer/cheater. Hold and hit. I hope Kov puts him into dialysis.

Comment

Originally posted by MantisToboggan View Post
                  This is what Ward always does lounges in close to clich and wait for ref to break so he can throw punch. This is not boxing. More like wrestling, no wonder Kovalev gassed by 5th round with this guy he smotheres people and catches them on the de-clinch, eghhrrrr
                  Ward wants to fight on the inside and does clinch. Kovalev stops him from doing this buy clinching TOO. Its going to be a clinchothon.
                  Or Kovalev can BOX and MAKE Ward stay on the outside.

Comment

We'll see, Ward is very cunning and clever with what he does in there!

He knows his wrestling tactics saps his opponents energy and his illegal fouls makes his opponents have to be wary and careful how they come forward or when they get close!

His jab or left hook then clinch move disrupts his opponents rhythm and then he holds and hits to frustrate them!

He's good at evasion and knows how to use his legs!

He has fast hands, a good chin and in excellent condition!

But sadly he's facing a man who's on a mission to rid him of his career!..

A man who can box and punch very HARD!
                    Kov has fast hands and possess' one of the best jabs in the game and he knows how to time you as well!.

He's very good at the 1-2 and can throw more variety of shots if the situation presents itself!

His ring IQ is very underrated as he neutralized a good portion of Ward's fouling tactics and is strong mentally!

One thing I like about Kov is for a eastern European fighter he can move quick for a big guy and IMO if he uses his feet more stepping back walking Ward into counters he can put him away!

Another intangible bout Kovalev, it's rare for fighter to fight well when their emotional and he seems like the type to actually thrive off it, the more he's angry!

Fight week is here!

Comment

Working...
                    X