Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we all agree Finito Lopez owns the record?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we all agree Finito Lopez owns the record?

I don't know why having a draw disqualifies him from having the record. It's called an "undefeated record", "undefeated streak", "retiring undefeated", ect. To me a draw is like a No Contest - it doesn't count, it's a write-off, it's not a win or a loss, it basically didn't happen.

Can we all agree that it's Finito Lopez, not Mayweather or Marciano, who holds the record for a champion retiring undefeated.

Here's to the Mexican legend, 51-0 baby. Mayweather needs 2 more wins to tie and 3 more to take the lead, which apparently is not going to happen.

All hail Ricardo Finito Lopez!

He doesn't tho

Jimmy Barry was 58-0-10

http://boxrec.com/boxer/46200

But it's "perfect record" not "undefeated record" basically

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Julio Cesar Chavez first 43 fights were against more than ****ty opposition.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/8119

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          Julio Cesar Chavez first 43 fights were against more than ****ty opposition.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/8119

He fought a guy with 28 losses in his 33rd fight as a pro and fought several guys with a handful of fights after that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyNL View Post
            I don't know why having a draw disqualifies him from having the record. It's called an "undefeated record", "undefeated streak", "retiring undefeated", ect. To me a draw is like a No Contest - it doesn't count, it's a write-off, it's not a win or a loss, it basically didn't happen.

Can we all agree that it's Finito Lopez, not Mayweather or Marciano, who holds the record for a champion retiring undefeated.

Here's to the Mexican legend, 51-0 baby. Mayweather needs 2 more wins to tie and 3 more to take the lead, which apparently is not going to happen.

A draw is different than a no contest. A draw means that scorecards were read and that the fight was even. A no contest could mean almost anything.

Comment

They're coming out in full force.

"Mayweather is not the PPV king, Tyson!"

"Lopez and Chavez Sr are the real perfect record holders!"

"Money is actually not the record gate holder, it's actually an alien from the intergalactic boxing federation"

Comment

Im a fan of Lopez, but that 'draw' should of been a TKO L.

His corner basically thought Lopez was ahead on the scorecards and said "no more" after Lopez was accidently cut. The doctor didnt really take a look and decide to stop the fight. His corner pulled him out. Lopez was up and ready to continue. But Nacho stopped it.

Comment

totally agree 10000000% ricardo is the best there ever was

Comment

Marciano was undefeated AND untied. That's the slight but legit difference between he and others who finished with no losses but a draw or draws.

Like the difference between a perfect game and a no hitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X