No announcement yet.

"Water problems in CA. "

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Water problems in CA. "

Yeah this seems like a GREAT idea lol. Your new Governor, where will the resources come from? No matter the snow pack or rain we get its said to be not enough. The pollution, its "overwhelming". The trash, the homeless, ect ect.
    He wants to build 3.5 million new homes. WTF
    https://la.curbed.com/2018/11/8/1807...m-housing-plan

Originally posted by man down View Post
    Yeah this seems like a GREAT idea lol. Your new Governor, where will the resources come from? No matter the snow pack or rain we get its said to be not enough. The pollution, its "overwhelming". The trash, the homeless, ect ect.
    He wants to build 3.5 million new homes. WTF
    https://la.curbed.com/2018/11/8/1807...m-housing-plan
    It's housing units, not homes, lol; SROs/studios, 2 BR flats, split family homes, new homes, etc.

Whether the actual number is even realistic or not, an agressive move to build housing units alleviates a significant amount of the homelessness issue statewide (there are folks who simply want to be free to act as they wish even if a housing unit became available, so those people will be dealt with differently), which in itself clears up most of the problems with trash, etc.

And, an aggressive move to build housing units would also help alleviate a significant amount of the housing crunch issues that have led to drastic levels of rent increases in many of the urban centers (folks wanting certain types of housing will still affect the markets).

What part of California are you even from to simply **** on the idea of building more housing in the state?

Comment

You fix the housing problem, and you basically solve most of the homelessness problem and most of the affordability problem.

It's not rocket science

Comment

man this been going on for as long as i can remember... they been saying cali have a water shortage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          It's housing units, not homes, lol; SROs/studios, 2 BR flats, split family homes, new homes, etc.

Whether the actual number is even realistic or not, an agressive move to build housing units alleviates a significant amount of the homelessness issue statewide (there are folks who simply want to be free to act as they wish even if a housing unit became available, so those people will be dealt with differently), which in itself clears up most of the problems with trash, etc.

And, an aggressive move to build housing units would also help alleviate a significant amount of the housing crunch issues that have led to drastic levels of rent increases in many of the urban centers (folks wanting certain types of housing will still affect the markets).

What part of California are you even from to simply **** on the idea of building more housing in the state?
          Norcal, See more cars on the roads, more complaining about water and droughts, More human waste, its a on going problem.

LOL we're about to see growth slow as interest rates increase. In 2008 we had so many homes on the market it was unreal. Homes sat with no one living in them. It was a buyers market. I guess maybe he thinks that will never happen again? We're due for a slow down.

Have you driven in even Norcal? thats the least traffic there is and its a complete mess. Meanwhile, we dont have enough water. Cities being put on rations of water.
          https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...hower-laundry/
          California has a new law that severely restricts how much water a person can use.

“In 2022, the new indoor water standard will be 55 gallons per person, per day. by 2030, it will fall to 50 gallons.
          “…

“An 8-minute shower uses about 17 gallons of water, a load of laundry up to 40, and a bathtub can hold 80 to 100 gallons of water.”

Breakdown
          1. Low income housing in California can cost the taxpayer as much as $750,000 per unit.
          https://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2018...nia-heres-why/

2. There is not enough water for the housing that is in place; for every unit you add, you increase the price of the water and create self-fulfilling drought scenarios

3. The roads and infrastructure in California are not capable of handling existing traffic the in the urban areas as we all know. Given that each housing unit will add a minimum of two vehicles, do the math.

4. The housing projection is in direct conflict with the nonsense global warming and resource conservation garbage that the democrats have been spewing for the past decade. How much carbon emissions will it require to manufacture and deliver the building materials for this many homes?
          Last edited by man down; 11-14-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
            man this been going on for as long as i can remember... they been saying cali have a water shortage, etc.
            I usually judge a water shortage for myself, when I drive from San Jose to Fresno. Headed S. East on the 152, you can see the San Luis dam, and reservoir to the right, if it’s full, we have no drought, if I can see a 50 ft drop in the water level, then we have water issues.

Comment

You fix the housing problem, and you basically solve most of the homelessness problem and most of the affordability problem.

It's not rocket science
              How do you pay for it?

Y'alls State already ranks #1 in total State debt.

You guys need to be finding things to cut, not running up even more debt giving away even more taxpayer-funded goodies.

Comment

It's not rocket science
                Affordable housing would be highly beneficial if it were focused on the lower "working" middle class but I have a feeling the housing being purposed is going to bring back the "projects."

The homeless walking around the streets all over Ca either need to be housed in drug rehabs, mental wards, or prison. I always open my wallet for a drunk, hype, or tweaker that ask for a buck but I acknowledge most of these people on the street aren't some hard luck people. Most of the homeless walking around Ca are druggies. The hard luck families living on the streets are few and far between.

I do have family members though that work hard and play by the rules that could never afford a home in southern Ca and I would love to see affordable homes for them. I am sure there are tons of those families around.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  Norcal, See more cars on the roads, more complaining about water and droughts, More human waste, its a on going problem.

LOL we're about to see growth slow as interest rates increase. In 2008 we had so many homes on the market it was unreal. Homes sat with no one living in them. It was a buyers market. I guess maybe he thinks that will never happen again? We're due for a slow down.

Have you driven in even Norcal? thats the least traffic there is and its a complete mess. Meanwhile, we dont have enough water. Cities being put on rations of water.
                  https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...hower-laundry/

Breakdown
                  1. Low income housing in California can cost the taxpayer as much as $750,000 per unit.
                  https://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2018...nia-heres-why/

2. There is not enough water for the housing that is in place; for every unit you add, you increase the price of the water and create self-fulfilling drought scenarios

3. The roads and infrastructure in California are not capable of handling existing traffic the in the urban areas as we all know. Given that each housing unit will add a minimum of two vehicles, do the math.

4. The housing projection is in direct conflict with the nonsense global warming and resource conservation garbage that the democrats have been spewing for the past decade. How much carbon emissions will it require to manufacture and deliver the building materials for this many homes?
                  ^^^ lol, look at this clown.

The proposal is to agressively increase the number of housing units FOR FOLKS ALREADY HERE IN THE STATE!

No one is talking about Governor Newsome barnstorming other states to beg businesses to come to California, lol.

You can't be this dumb

Comment

^^^ lol, look at this clown.

The proposal is to agressively increase the number of housing units FOR FOLKS ALREADY HERE IN THE STATE!

No one is talking about Governor Newsome barnstorming other states to beg businesses to come to California, lol.

You can't be this dumb
                    You're such a joke Im not even going to respond. The links speak for themselves. Have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                    X