No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's other options...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azzie View Post
    Is that a fact? I just want to see him in the ring one last time. Let's go champ!
    I mean, I haven't literally seen the contract, but that's what Briggs has told people.

Comment

So nobody can answer my original question.
      What are Wilder's other options that can make him $3 million?

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        he can fight anybody and make over 3 million.

Comment

I just answered, Shannon the Cannon!

Comment

Anyone knows to make him at least $3 million?
            Clearly, he has to fight at least 5 fights to make him at least $15 mil.
            Remember it takes two to fight. It doesn't matter how much Wilder wants Joshua. If Anthony is not interested then the fight is not happening.

However, if Anthony is indeed serious in giving us boxing fans the fight that we want to see, then he would have done everything his power to get this fight done by now. Therefore, if AJ really wanted this fight badly enough he can make it happen. There are no excuses. He just doesn't want to.

After all he is the A side and holding all the cards. Therefore, he could give Deontay everything he is requesting and asking for if he really wanted this fight and then it would have happened this year but he won't.

In addition, his gullible boxing fans should not be making threads about money in order for Anthony Joshua to save face, since he doesn't give a good damn about you all anyway. It's about the best challenging the best for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world.

To me, I don't think AJ wants to fight the "Bronze Bomber". Moreover, he really doesn't care about boxing fans in general or the British boxing fans in particular. All he cares about is money.

Comment

If Deontay took 4 millions and knock Whyte out in UK he would be negotiating 40% for Joshua fight right now... But instead we have this.
              Pretty much this, i never thought Wilder had good management. This was another poor decision from his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Pretty much this, i never thought Wilder had good management. This was another poor decision from his team.
                ya he only has the most successful manager in heavyweight history and the most successful manager in boxing history.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                  Tyson Fury
                  The is no way on God's green earth that Fury fights Wilder next. What? For $2-$3million? Tyson Fury is going to get upwards of $20million for a fight with Joshua if he stays on track.

You think that Fury is going to fight Wilder for peanuts and put the Joshua fight at risk?

Fury only fights Wilder if he loses to Joshua. If he wins, there is no chance he fights Wilder. If you think Eddie Hearn is tough and a weasel, wait until you get introduced to Frank Warren. His fighters are similar to Wilder. They fight 40 bums before ever going into a risky fight.

Comment

If Deontay took 4 millions and knock Whyte out in UK he would be negotiating 40% for Joshua fight right now... But instead we have this.
                    Correct. Because Deontay is used to fighting bums, he does not understand that you have to build a reputation to get a big fight.

Povetkin was way beyond Price but he took that fight in the UK to get his name known which in turn allows Hearn to sell the fight between Povetkin and Joshua as a PPV.

Comment

None. His only other hope was Miller and that is now gone with Miller signing with Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X