Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else gets the feel that, Jacobs vs derev will be a pirog repeat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derevyanchenko STOPS Jacobs who honestly haven't looked good his last 2 Fights especially Defensively

Comment

Yeah maybe, it could be that he's used to getting the better of things in sparring and he gets the better of the first few rounds easily and gets too relaxed. Stylewise though SD doesn't seem suited to taking advantage of momentary lapses, he won't be boxing at range, slipping punches and waiting for the right moments to time a big right hand, he'll be putting on the pressure non-stop which should see Jacobs fully focused and not caught by surprise at a sudden attack.

Comment

Originally posted by King Arthur View Post
        You've highlighted something I had no knowledge of to be fair. Didn't realise he had it during that fight

Comment

I don’t really want to judge Dervy fully yet, he hasn’t really fought at that level. Not saying he couldn’t stop Jacobs like Pirog did but at least we have seen Jacobs at this level. Experience counts for a lot and Jacobs has had loads since the pirog fight.

Comment

Definitely feel Jacobs is on a downward trajectory. I hope Charlo will be that fight if it has to happen (the second KO defeat)

Comment

I don't. I can recall our good friend of MaxBoxing's fame Steve Kim was full of glee when the undefeated American Daniel Jacobs was stopped by Dmitry Pirog.

Comment

This is a title fight so if it does happen I expect Jacobs to show up for it. I'd pick him to win q close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                  dereveyenchenko is nothing special and hes beaten noone above scrub level. not every undefeated eastern euro is a killer.
                  Same goes for Jacobs... in 36 fights, his biggest win is an over rated Kid Chocolate and Sergio Mora. Jacobs was considered some glass chin bum while fighting on Showtime, signs to HBO and all of sudden he's some elite killer who's biggest accomplishment is going the distance with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by King Arthur View Post
                    I've seen enough of derev to know he's a potential threat given jacobs recent form mate.
                    From potential threat to Pirog repeat there's a margin.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      From potential threat to Pirog repeat there's a margin.
                      Yeah and that slim margin accounts for the common saying in boxing that one punch could change or end the fight. From either man its an exciting matchup hope to see it.

But can't see Hearn risking it on behalf of jacobs as derev is high risk and relatively unknown a loss for Jacobs could crush his career. Same reason golovkin swerved derev.

Comment

Working...
                      X